GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running a safe reliable 400bhp on standard turbos or r32gtr. Like every one im looking for more power but dont want to risk reliability in any way so wondering what ideas people had for best supporting mods?
I have a standard intercooler,running just under 1bar, uprated exhaust, decat,nismo downpipe, blitz airfilters, apexi ecu, r34 brembos, trust oil cooler,tein coilovers. Also deciding wether to go for r34 turbos r aftermaket to get the power hike. Interested in your experienced views thanks.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
fuel pump, injectors, turbos, remap, boost controller, possibly hard pipe kit to stop intercooler hoses blowing off, clutch too perhaps.

Glenn will be around soon to provide detailed info... :chuckle:

GT-R Turbos

ps try searching :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats the discouraging part, getting to 400 isn't too difficult with a couple simple mods. Getting to 500 means turbos, fuel, ECU, mapping etc. which gets expensive. Then if you want to get over 600 then you need to start upgrading internals and perform headwork. Either way, it will be worth it in the end!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
fuel pump, injectors, turbos, remap, boost controller, possibly hard pipe kit to stop intercooler hoses blowing off, clutch too perhaps.

Glenn will be around soon to provide detailed info... :chuckle:

GT-R Turbos

ps try searching :D
Lol in b4 glenn :flame:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
He must be sleeping, or ill, or something :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha ha! its nice to see you guys are in good form! Ah ive done plenty of searches and hate people that dont! I just wanted to personalise the tuning path by posting my setup. im thinking of r34 tubs would I really have to change the oil pump running these at 1.2bar? As far as I know the enginr has to come out for this. obviously if im settling for r34 tubs I realise il fall short of 500bhp but if I get 80bhp il be well happy wit that.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hi Ross,

Onto what you have already all you need to achieve 500bhp is:

Fuel pump
Injectors(go for 550cc or over)
A set of Gt2860-9 turbos(these will achieve 500fly at pretty low boost with near stock responce)
A hardpipe kit from your turbos to intercooler(originals arent up to it)
Stock intercooler is fine
Boost controller..profec b would do nicely
Also an adjustable fpr would be recommended but not essential.
AFMS.(stock wont do for 500bhp).i will be selling my nismos soon on the cheap
You dont need to touch your engine if its fresh with good oil pressure..i wouldnt anyway.

Finally back up to robbie for a remap !

·
Registered
557 Posts
With a good set of cams and a few other bits r34 turbo's should make about 460-480flyHP.
You would really have to be at their limits to get [email protected] fly with them i think.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Ah, I forgot AFMs (not got 'em personally)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i'll be doing roughly the same sort of mods on my car, but my target isn't bhp, but what i get safely at 1.2 bar, if thats 440, 460 etc etc, i'll be happy.

I got kakimoto exhaust with decat (sounds gorgeous!)
downpipe(trust i think)
blitz filters
2860-5's
HKS evc5 at 1 bar
oil cooler (unknown make)

i've got to put on.

RB25 AFM's
apexi power FC
700cc injectors

just need the fuel pump and mapping, and may get a FPR just to be sure.

What do you lot think that should get me bhp wise? Maybe you could look into what i'm doing if you dont mind being shy of 500bhp mate.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i'll be doing roughly the same sort of mods on my car, but my target isn't bhp, but what i get safely at 1.2 bar, if thats 440, 460 etc etc, i'll be happy.

I got kakimoto exhaust with decat (sounds gorgeous!)
downpipe(trust i think)
blitz filters
2860-5's
HKS evc5 at 1 bar
oil cooler (unknown make)

i've got to put on.

RB25 AFM's
apexi power FC
700cc injectors

just need the fuel pump and mapping, and may get a FPR just to be sure.

What do you lot think that should get me bhp wise? Maybe you could look into what i'm doing if you dont mind being shy of 500bhp mate.
1bhp:chuckle:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi guys i'm new here for a month or so reed a lot
now putting also r34 tubs on my r33 gtr with
ati damp
splitfire coils
hks 264cams
hks cam gears
tomei fuel pump
greddy 720cc inj
fuel press regu
and ful exhaust 80mm
apexi pfc
greddy intercooler
greddy surge tank
and I'm looking for 480 hp also testing it in 3 weeks
greetz

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'll soon be on the road with:

HKS filters, downpipes, no cat, exhaust
2860-9 turbos
Power FC
AVC-R
Mapping, of course.

I'm guessing injectors will be my limiting factor, but I'd be interested what the limits are on standard injectors, afms, fuel pump.

Be good to get this information all in one place, as the turbo guide quoted above doesn't deal with other upgrades.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.