GTR Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
How any miles have you covered in 2 years? Do you do any track days or the like?

I too have gone with a standard pump for my circa 500bhp rebuild, so just curious.

Cheers,
in the last 2 years i've drove the car from greece to the uk and back twice
as well as daily driving and we do track sessions on our local disused airport runway also quite a bit of mountain twisty driving quite high speed (no speed cameras here )..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
thanks v much for all the replys lads,been real busy hadnt time to get back. Some very interesting replys and views on how some of the standard parts hold up to the bhp increase. I reckon il have to go with the hardpipe kit for starters, maybe airflow meters.
Creedon we will have to meet up and have a chat lad.
Been real busy lately gona read all this again and write a proper reply as to what im actually gona do to get ready for the bhp increase

·
Registered
35 Posts
i blew apart 2 stock rubber boost pipes @ 27psi so i bought hardpipes... they'll last depending on how new they are but they will break eventually.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
The age of rubber is definatley a factor, but if we are discussing if it is possible or not then ... yes most definatly is.
The Mines track car ran all factory pipes and airbox ....made over 600hp

·
Registered
798 Posts
thanks v much for all the replys lads,been real busy hadnt time to get back. Some very interesting replys and views on how some of the standard parts hold up to the bhp increase. I reckon il have to go with the hardpipe kit for starters, maybe airflow meters.
Creedon we will have to meet up and have a chat lad.
Been real busy lately gona read all this again and write a proper reply as to what im actually gona do to get ready for the bhp increase
ya any time rossy,im in bishopstown.Give a call in sometime and we can have a chat during a spin in my gtr..! running just over 500 on low boost(1.0bar) with my -5s so will give you an idea of what to expect :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Re intercooler piping, the GTR34 Intercooler is supposed to be better than the GTR32/33. Presume it flows better, so would give the rubber pipe connections an easier time, plus they are newer generally in better condition.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, Im still relatively new here, My question is where to buy a hard pipe kit from, for my GTR 33. She's just going through a major rebuild now including engine, and full respray etc. I do struggle to find the parts I am looking for and I am now nearing the end of my budget so as nice as HKS would be, I just haven't got the money left !!!!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hi, Im still relatively new here, My question is where to buy a hard pipe kit from, for my GTR 33. She's just going through a major rebuild now including engine, and full respray etc. I do struggle to find the parts I am looking for and I am now nearing the end of my budget so as nice as HKS would be, I just haven't got the money left !!!!
There's a used hks set (both intercooler piping, and intake) in the classifieds going relatively cheaply, otherwise one of the traders on here will sort you out with a new set :thumbsup:

Link for used set: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/131504-modded-pipe.html

41 - 50 of 50 Posts