GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an Ohlins Road and Track suspension (Suski) fitted in my R32 GT-R.

Despite having the dampers re-valved by Aurok to make them softer the suspension is still too stiff for the crappy B roads I drive on and is just plain dangerous at speed on these roads. I was going to fit softer springs (by about 40%) but maybe (just maybe) I may change my suspension to one of the new fully adjustable Tein systems.

Has any one any option on Tein over Ohlins or could you recommend a suspension for fast A and crappy B road use folks?

Also where the best place to buy one is and how much would be useful.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard AST are very good indeed. If the spring rate thing doesn't solve the problem I may give them a look also. I have noticed a lot of track racers using AST, do they produce a good road kit?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have been using Tein Super Streets with EDFC for quite a while now, and i ahve been very happy with its performance. I live in an area with a lot of A and B roads in various states or repair, with very good results.
I have also reduced the ride higt by 40 mm until they installed new sleeping policemen in my area and i now only run a 15 mm reduction.
The 3 set points i refer to as wet, dry and hooligan.
Sorry forgot to say the car is a R33 GTR Vspec.

Suspension choice and brake selection are all very subjective as we all drive difrently. But with over 500hp it works well for me!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
We`ve used the AST competition sets on `ring 24hr cars (amongst others).

Excellent quality throughout. They will not introduce any odd bangs or knocks ans have proper anodized body parts. (you would be surprised how `frail` some of the jap stuff is when used on our roads).

Road kits are the SP1 (I think). You can spec the springs ftr & rr. Variable ride height and 12 point bump/rebound (not seperate).

Comp kits come with solid top-mount, remote res. with 12 way for bump / rebound seperate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts