GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to upgrade my suspension but all the ones I have been recommended are about £3,000. Does anyone know any that are cheaper but still reliable?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm considering the Litchfield Suspension kit which includes the stronger rear ARB. What I want to know is weather the shocks have adjustable springs at all or is the kit static as per the OE shocks?

Cheers

Louie

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Litcho kit is height adjustable, and retains the oem electronic damper settings, with a far bigger difference between conf/normal/race modes. It made by Bilstein who make the oem setup for nissan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 58 reg.

I've heard good things about Litchfield but I think it's about £4k for their suspension kit and fitting.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes, 3.6k but includes the rear ARB.

Im considering the following as well

KW SLEEVE COILOVER CONVERSION KIT together with the EIBACH ANTI-ROLL BAR KIT (Front & Rear)

Basically retain the existing Bilstein shocks but adding the KW sleeve kit will allow adjustable suspension all round. Add to this strengthened Eibach front & Rear ARBs and I reckon that will improve the handling massively...SVM do both for £2329 Inc VAT & Installation....£1300 Cheaper than the Litcho set up, however you are getting brand new shocks with the Litcho but I think its only the rear ARB?

·
Registered
511 Posts
We are at the final stage of finishing the MeisterR GT1.
The coilovers will include everything and retail at £1850 inc VAT.

Hand build in the UK and fully engineered in the UK, it will mean that it is fully serviceable in the UK.
The coilovers comes with everything out of the box.
New top mount, new springs, new dampers, and all accessories.

It has a 32 stage manual damping adjustments, so you do lose the electronic control.
However, this mean you have a wider range of adjustments also can adjust the damping characteristic to match your personal preference.
Chances are once you find a damping setting you like, you won't be changing them unless you are going on track.

On softer setting, the ride will be comfortable and provide great steering response.
On stiffer setting, it will work well on track controlling body roll and increase traction.

We have been doing a lot of development and we hope the GT1 will be ready for release within the next few weeks.

Jerrick

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yes, 3.6k but includes the rear ARB.

Im considering the following as well

KW SLEEVE COILOVER CONVERSION KIT together with the EIBACH ANTI-ROLL BAR KIT (Front & Rear)

Basically retain the existing Bilstein shocks but adding the KW sleeve kit will allow adjustable suspension all round. Add to this strengthened Eibach front & Rear ARBs and I reckon that will improve the handling massively...SVM do both for £2329 Inc VAT & Installation....£1300 Cheaper than the Litcho set up, however you are getting brand new shocks with the Litcho but I think its only the rear ARB?
Try KW Coilover Springs ( Sleeves ) If you use your car on track events from time to time you won't be disappointed. It works better than many entry level coilovers kits, or sport suspensions. They are not cheap as lowered springs, but worth price.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Try KW Coilover Springs ( Sleeves ) If you use your car on track events from time to time you won't be disappointed. It works better than many entry level coilovers kits, or sport suspensions. They are not cheap as lowered springs, but worth price.
Thanks for the heads up bud. I track maybe twice a year (if that) so its good to get feedback from another member who's tried this set up. have you also upgraded the front & rear ARBs?

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
We fitted this kit to customers cars many times. Usually with Whiteline front and rear ARB, and Whiteline ARB links. The best combo what you can get in this price on market IMO.

·
Registered
540 Posts
We fitted this kit to customers cars many times. Usually with Whiteline front and rear ARB, and Whiteline ARB links. The best combo what you can get in this price on market IMO.
Thanks Bud
So basically the kit you have online..:)

I feel a purchase coming on!!!!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Picking my car up on Thursday with the Litchfield suspension, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Picking my car up on Thursday with the Litchfield suspension, will keep you posted.
Cheers buddy. Be good to get the lowdown on the litcho set up.

I must say I am swaying heavily towards the KW & Eibach set up. I would only look to track once/twice a year if that, and can get the kit for £1378 inc vat and have a great mechanic who can fit the lot for around £300....

£1678 v £3594 for litcho kit:confused::confused:

Now don't for one minute think I am slating the litcho kit. But at nearly £2k difference I'm questioning the "value add" giving that KW & Eibach are premier league products and from what I have read transform the GT-R when fitted as above:)

Look forward to getting your update once you've got the car back:bowdown1:

Cheers

Louie

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I've used the KW sleeve kit and it offers you the chance to adjust ride height and is marginally stiffer than OEM. I'm now on Ohlins R&T DFV which offer much greater adjustability and are extremely smooth over poor surfaces. The Ohlins are a great solution for a road and occasional track car IMHO. I'm probably going to swap these out for a more track focused coilover in the near future :wavey: :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I have the KW coilover sleeve kit, with standard ARB's. I don't find the car sloppy when cornering so not sure you need the stiffer ARB's, but I haven't been on track.

I love the adjustability of the kit. When I bought the car it was too low for my liking so I had it raised 10mm which is great. I run it in comfort virtually 100% of the time. It's still hard and I avoid rough bits of road but it isn't over wealming like I understand OEM to be (mine is a 2010 car).

Check out AC Speedtech, they sell (and fit) this for a competitive price. Have done for a long time too so very familiar with the kit.

Re the difference between the KW and the litchi kit - I wouldn't be surprised if it was worth the extra £2k. I believe it revolutionises the car and if you could only make 1 mod to your car, that would probably be it. the cheaper alternative would be the OEM suspension from a later car (2011 onwards) as this was much improved, with noticeable changes in 2011 and 2014

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I've been in a Litcho suspension car, and the ride is far superior to stock, the integration with the factory switches is key for me; it doesn't detract from the car.
It allows the car to ride acceptably on run-flats, too.
The fact is still made by OEM, but to different specifications means that it's a complete enhancement.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've used the KW sleeve kit and it offers you the chance to adjust ride height and is marginally stiffer than OEM. I'm now on Ohlins R&T DFV which offer much greater adjustability and are extremely smooth over poor surfaces. The Ohlins are a great solution for a road and occasional track car IMHO. I'm probably going to swap these out for a more track focused coilover in the near future :wavey: :chuckle:
how did you find the ride quality of the Ohlins over 2012 stock suspension as I find with non-run flats on OEM suspension, things are not all that bad compared with run flats. I'm considering the DFV's so any input is highly appreciated. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts