GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aft doing a track day...was told by a few that im "cheating" doing it in my GT-R , usual take my r26r + cosworth....lol!, tuff !

just need to get light track wheels ? and then the toyos

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
well its an open debate... what year is your car? what brakes do you have?

on the 2010 (smaller 380mm discs) you can run some 18" wheels, which open up a wider range of tyre choices and reduces the cost. Not sure if you are running the bigger discs...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my car is a 2012 track pack, the brakes(pads & discs) have een up graded at litchfield's, but look stock size for the car .

Tin, c, can you send me pics & price please , pm

thanks

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I would recommend the Rays as well. You can trust that they have been made to a high standard and are a proper forged wheel which imo is essential for track work on the GTR. Heavy car and huge forces.

The G25s will clear an alcon superkit (just). If it's just upgraded discs + pads you have then will be no problem either.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I would recommend the Rays as well. You can trust that they have been made to a high standard and are a proper forged wheel which imo is essential for track work on the GTR. Heavy car and huge forces.

The G25s will clear an alcon superkit (just). If it's just upgraded discs + pads you have then will be no problem either.

So why change the wheels when using such a heavy brut? :bowdown1:

My 2008 car is using standard wheel with the infamous Bridgestone RE080 tyres and the Alcon BBK,

Cheating NO, Going fcuking faster and stopping quicker than everything else YES LOL:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Because any car will benefit from less unsprung weight.

The stock wheels are also Rays, but there is still room for improvement.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
But the original poster has a 2012 track pack.

Doesn't that have lighter wheels than stock anyway?

I'm not sure there is much point in upgrading them myself.
Would be far, far better to upgrade the brakes or run 888s in terms of lap times.

·
Registered
689 Posts

Would be far, far better to upgrade the brakes or run 888s in terms of lap times.
I think he may just want a second set, maybe worth a new road set and keep the track pack ones for exactly that?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts

That's da kiddie!!!

Just wot I sed Bud !

Unless you are going to start stripping a car there is not much gain in aluminium wheel nuts and lighter wheels LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts