GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the tyre size bebate is over, I have to select 2 new front tyres 17" 255/40s

The following link give a review of most of the tyres available, but misses out TOYO proxies.

http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/tyretest/giant.asp

The rear tyres which are almost new I intend to keep, but they are Yokohama Grand Prix IV7R, which I can not find in the UK, had a look at the Yokohama web sites, eh no comment, have a look for yourself, nuff said!!

Found on the Blackcircles.com site
TOYO PROXES T1S (YR) 230.46 for 17" 255/40s per pair, sounds good to me.

Any comment anyone?

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
ROFL, I'm gonna end up sounding like a really bad record, but a few 8k rpm launches should see you needing 4 new tyres ;)

Can't you put some Yoko's of the same spec in the boot as spares with your next Scooby or Supra shipment ?

I know my car is RWD but I've had the Toyo's and found them really good, I've recently changed to Goodyear F1's and actually find them a bit better in the wet with a much nicer breakaway as they approach the limit, much more communicative.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason,

The only reason why I wanted to keep the rears was because I thought the price would be horrendous, WRX tyres are not so dear.

But I have been very supprised by some of the quotes, like Fulda, lost the number but they are fitted as standard to the Porker 966 = £70 + vat.

Much cheapers than I thought, so yep, it looks like I'll be getting 4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.