GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys reckon is the best tyre to get for the R35?

Here are the factors to take into account...

I dont drive the car in the winter.
I am VERY rarely on a track (once a year maybe)
I use the car as my everyday car (regular driving), but do like to "give it some wellie" now and then for some fun! ;-)

Cheers guys

Dunc1n

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
This should be interesting:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Generally the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are a great every day tyre and would be my choice for the use you describe.

They are not as grippy in the dry/track as the stock run flats, but give a softer ride, less fidgety steering and also are noticably better in the wet.
Having said that I did do a few track days and they were OK, I was just a little bit slower than I maybe could have been on a more dedicated tyre like a 888. But I still had a lot of fun. :)

Bare in mind they are not run flats though, so I'd get a little pump and a repair kit for emergencies.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Now you've just got to decide on a size. :)

I ran 275 on the front and 305 on the back, which is the Litchfield recommendation and it seemed well balanced to me.
Others may have other preferences though.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Now you've just got to decide on a size. :)

I ran 275 on the front and 305 on the back, which is the Litchfield recommendation and it seemed well balanced to me.
Others may have other preferences though.
I've got the staggered setup and like it a lot, helps a lot with the twitchy rear as well :wavey:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Or could go for 285 'square' set-up on MPSS. Reduces understeer and makes the back a little more lively if you like that kind of thing :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did 2 track days at le mans last august and put a set of 888's on, so good I left them on and still using now, good wear and coped o.k with our shit winter but obviously made for dry days, can be a little tram liney and whiney, but worth it for the performance imo..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have always taken the easy way on choosing my tyres.

I choose the size. I set a budget. I write down my wished, like you did. Then I call up my favorite auto parts group and let them give me 3 recommendations to meet my price range. Then I compare reviews and go with it.

Last time around it was a set of Pirelli, which have worked fantastically.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts