GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know this subject gets mixed reviews but I’d love to know what tyres people are running and why.

I bought my car 2.5years ago 7k miles it had when I picked her up. It had original Dunlop’s from factory, then my fellow pals all 4 drive gtr’s they all swore on Bridgestone potenzas which I have on on my 2nd set. Now car is on 20k miles.

Bridgestones are good but they tramline quite abit. What are everyone’s opinion on the best rubber for our cars.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I have been warned to stay away from run flats.

I run on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

I have no complaints, good tyres, but I have not tried any other tyre. Lichfield said that is a good tyre for road use.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what baffles me is that why gtr creators got the tyres wrong or am I missing something. Yes litchos are amazing faultless guys even Juergen and Jm-imports says Michelin sports 4 s are the one to wear. But why Nissan chose Dunlop’s and Bridgestone runflats.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I run on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S best tyre out there for all around driving.
Purchased the car with bridgestones changed after 1000 miles as they were terrible compared to a friends with 4s.
Litchfield fitted mine larger size than standard as well, 265 fronts and 305 rears overall transformed the car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Perfectly safe on the gtr you can fit even larger if wanted, but this is the size Litchfield reccomends and have been perfect for me.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,101 Posts
Do you know what baffles me is that why gtr creators got the tyres wrong or am I missing something.
a) MPS4S did not exist when Nissan originally specced the car. Tyre technology moves on.

b) Commercial reasons. "Company X recommends using company Y's products".

Why ? Because company X thinks company Y is the best product. Maybe. Or, company X has done a commercial deal with company Y.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Do you know what baffles me is that why gtr creators got the tyres wrong or am I missing something. Yes litchos are amazing faultless guys even Juergen and Jm-imports says Michelin sports 4 s are the one to wear. But why Nissan chose Dunlop’s and Bridgestone runflats.
As far as I know it is a safety thing learned from crashes. Drivers were getting punctures and not knowing, due to how the GTR's manage their drive system. These drivers on runflats had not felt anything wrong, till the tyre abruptly disintegrated at high speed.

·
R35 Section manager
10,829 Posts
I'm sure I heard at the time that the tyres that were available for the 35 were not suitable as the wheel would spin inside of the tyre.
So the runflats were created as other tyres were popping over the rims at high speed cornering.

Don't forget this was a few years ago so tyres have improved quite a bit since then.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Will 275 front and 305 rear be acceptable?
as i do not want understeer if i only go up 1 size on front and 2 size on rear.
any idea?
cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts