GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, what is the best way to launch at the Drag Strip.....

Whats best for the car etc....

I've read a few so far...

1: Foot on brake, in 1st gear, build revs to 2000, and lift the foot brake???

2: Turn the launch comtrol on??? ( How do you do this? )

3: Just FLOOR it....

What is the best way, for the best times etc...

PM me if you wish....!!

Cheers:wavey:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
R,R,off

foot on brake, build revs to 3,000rpm

take foot off brake. keep foot planted to floor. run though gears changing at 6k

There's no best way for the car if you want low 11's, either do it right or not at all

above already mentioned in euro 1/4 mile time thread

·
Registered
376 Posts
Whatever you do don't use the launch control and get so shocked by the leap off the line that you completely forget to pull the paddle to change into 2nd and you let the car slam into the limiter in 1st.... [bazza hangs own head in shame]

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
You can't just put your foot on the brake, you have to press really hard to engage LC. If you have "Brake" on the MFD, it has to be at 100% or you'll just get nasty clutch slippage.

Does putting suspension to Comfort rather than R not help in the weight transfer?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would like to know how our attesa works in straights (and turns too).

Is it like old GTRs ? Begins be doing 50/50 to launch the car then goes to RWD ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you not keep the Traction Control in R mode........

Build rev's to 2000, and drop......

Or is this bad for the clutch....?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I think like with any car, if you drive like you're trying to break the thing, you get maximum performance. My car seems to gain an extra hundred horsepower when I'm in a foul mood and beat on the car mercilessly.

So it's always a trade-off, IMHO. I know R35s carry warranties obviously, but I don't think they had in mind for a car (if it's covered for 24,000 miles), to survive 48,000 drag runs (1/4 mile down, 1/4 mile back) :p

·
Registered
376 Posts
Can you not keep the Traction Control in R mode........

Build rev's to 2000, and drop......

Or is this bad for the clutch....?
To anyone who is mechanicaly sympathetic - the words 'launch' isn't usually associated with clutch friendly activities..

You can leave VDC in R to use launch control, any launch will increase clutch wear - I'm still not entirely sure if the clutches are supposed to last the lifetime of the gearbox or not?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts