GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need some new tyres soon (soon as in about 500 miles ago) which by my reconing is a good time to change my wheels. I quite like some of the Volks stuff. I'd rather stay with 17's so as not to effect my braking performance, handling etc. Anyone any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Work Emotion CR Kai's - but unsure whether they're available in 17" flavour

Volks TE37's might be a bit boring, but still a hardcore looking wheel on the R32 IMO

URAS NS-01 are a really nice looking wheel too, similar to the LMGT4 / BeeR wheels, and definitely available in 9.5x17"

Hope that's a good start point for you?

Steve

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Yeah, Work Emotion CR Kai, good choice Steve :chuckle: :chuckle: .
Got to also agree with your choice of BeeR rims and the LMGT4's. TBH, any NISMO wheel looks great on R32's, along with TE37's. In my opinion, R32's look the mutt's with chunky 5/6 spoke's. If mine hadn't had Emotion's on it (which I love BTW!) I would have got a set of TE37's or NISMO.
Something else which I think would work is Wedsport SA-90...

I think at the end of the day, its all down to individual taste...I mean, I would personally shoot anyone that put chrome rims on an R32 but, hey, thats just me. Each model of GTR has a certain style of wheel that 'just works' for the looks of the car.
Let us know what you go for in the end mate and good luck with the decision (I dont envy you one bit :p )

TT

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Cord said:
CE28N's in bronze are my fave's, but i couldn't find any cheap so i got some ultralite ATEC's in gun metal.

If you buy anything with a chrome lip you will be officially ostracised! Hope that helps!
I got mine at a very good price, through Newera:chuckle:

The URAS wheels I mentioned earlier are a very good price, too. There's a pic in this month's Banzai mag.;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies guys, were you all just waiting for this thread or what:D
Cord, the CE28N's look abit spindly IMHO, the ultralites look great though. Perhaps I should just get my Enkie (sp?) wheels resprayed (again).

You got me a date for my remap yet?:nervous:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You need to see CE28's on a car to appreciate them, they aren't at all spindly in the flesh, in fact we have a gunmetal 32 with some on in the workshop at the mo, come have a look on saturday while you're booking in for your re-map :p

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
C_h_a_z said:
Would 18" wheels ruin the handling/braking at all?
I was really suprised how little difference moving from 17s to 18s made to my 32 after reading all the threads on them.

On track I preffered the 17s but everywhere else, the 18s.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts