GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First of hello......

Really pleased to have stumbled across the forum having spent ages on google etc trying research GT-R's as i am currently considering buying one to replace my current 05 E46 M3.

I have been out testing loads of cars ncluding caymans, SH 911's, E92 M3 etc however nothing that i have driven has really done anyhting for me if that makes sense and the pull of a couple of big turbo's is calling me again (previousley owned Subaru's etc before i got the M3). I am keen to keep progressing performance and quality wise and none of the aforementioned cars makes me feel like parting with 50K+..

I have not ben able to get a test drive arranged for a car yet as it seems most places are not keen on letting you put any miles on the car unless you are going to buy that particualr car which is understandable so before i commit to one was looking to try and find out the worst bits about onwing one e.g. running costs etc etc?? There are always pros and cons to any car and just wanted to try and get some unbiased info on the cars....general experience of owning one??

Can anyone also advise what the expected wait times are for a new car currently....will be the decider on a new of SH car.

I am based in Rugby so can anyone recommend a dealer that would be likely to entertain a test drive.....happy to travel for it...even if a dealer would take me out would be good as that was i can get a feel for what the car is like although from the numbers i think i know now that i will be having one.

Any info anyone could provide would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Stevie

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i know glyn hopkins have 2 demo ones in romford i guess it must be the same at other official nissan dealers

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks.....found it strange that on the Nissan GB site you cant book a test drive for one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Stevie76 - Give your 'local' HPC a call. Of the HPC's I worked with to buy my car the sales guy/s were very keen. They all have demos and will take you out / let you drive the demo car without any issues.

But be warned once you have driven it, you will be a man on a mission to get one !

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks....going to make a few calls tomorrow and see what i can sort out. I already know i am having one really :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Having come from an RS4, this baby is in a different performance league! Plus every time you park it somone wants to talk to you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks.....found it strange that on the Nissan GB site you cant book a test drive for one.
Ring Westway Oxford.

I live in Warwick (not a million miles from you) and they drove a demo car up to my home from Oxford and took me out for an hour.

Your other option is Cambridge....OR ring Chris at Middlehurst and take a day off and travel to St Helens.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers TopBoy.....will give them a call and see what i can sort out....would not take me long to get down to Oxford.

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts