GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on this forum for some years not really posted much more just browsed and enjoyed reading projects..

But now i'm going to actually need some knowledge and expertise from here..

Just PX'd my Evo X in for a 2012 GTR in what I call grey not sure technical colour haha..

This is first time I have owned a GTR let alone even a GTR..

Car is stock... Is there anything I should be looking to do straight away? I'm happy enough with it being stock..

Expect anyone deal in ADV.1 wheels in the UK??

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you're happy with it being stock then leave it alone. Spend your money on fuel and just drive it. You may want to fit a Y pipe I think most people do just to make it sound better. It's very quiet and muted and for a couple of quid it sounds a LOT better IMO

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Give us a shout sometime Chris, be good to meet some fellow Aberdeen GTR folk.

In terms of what to look out for that's up to you. A change of Y pipe or full exhaust will give you a better sound.

I wasnt keen on the standard brakes, so upgraded qthe pads, discs and fluid.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah qiet happy to leave it stock for a while if i'm honest.. Bit tired of splashing out modifying cars to be honest.

Yeah not sure how much GTR's there is kicking about that's on here. I'll be heading down to Knockhill on the 25th to watch time attack etc..

Maybe worth seeing if can get a small stand of GTR's in there..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah qiet happy to leave it stock for a while if i'm honest.. Bit tired of splashing out modifying cars to be honest.
That's a common complaint Chris but you know, like many of us, that it's simply an addiction &, like any other, it needs to be satisfied by a few mods now and then. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I'm gutted I can't get down to TA, I'll be offshore.

Off down to Litchfields in June, and getting my new splitter fitted at JCR

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Stocks nice but a bit to quiet in my opinion, it needs a little umf in its sound, so I'd recommend the milteck Y Pipe and that will give you the more sporty sound and if your tyres are good then fine leave them or upgrade to MPSS'S they really improve the ride quality and much better grip all round.... Main thing enjoy it and be safe

·
Registered
197 Posts

Yeah not sure how much GTR's there is kicking about that's on here. I'll be heading down to Knockhill on the 25th to watch time attack etc..

Maybe worth seeing if can get a small stand of GTR's in there..
I will be there in my GTR and I will be on track in my GTO.
Come over and say hi in the pit garages :wavey:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stupid question is the Y pipe straight swap out or is the mapping needed? I understand mapping needed to get the most out of it..

I know with some motors changing the cat can cause quiet an affect..

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Should be a striaght swap, maybe not even a remap.

My car had a Y pipe and nismo ecu when I bought it, standard mapping and it made 550

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Chris,
I have just bought a car that had a Nissan dealer fitted Milltek Y pipe. The same dealer removed it before selling me the car. It has done over 7.5K with the Y pipe on with no remap on fitting or removal. I am no expert but if a NHPC will do this then it's highly unlikely to be detrimental to the car. Neither am I suggesting that it's an optimum solution by if you want a Y pipe for noise and not every last pony then you should be fine.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,199 Posts
The NHPC I got my GTR from said fitting a Y-pipe would not invalidate the Nissan warranty, but a remap for example would.

Is there any power increase with a y-pipe ?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I believe the ypipe allows the turbos to spool up 300rpm early, so more torque but hardly any bhp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts