GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating replacing the front seats (and then getting the rear seats retrimed to match) in my R32 GTR to something with a bit modern and form fitting.
Has anyone transplanted something from another more modern sports car, or good aftermarket seats?
Still looking for something reclining, so no race seats (I have a Bride race seat that I bolt in for track days already)

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
best seat (and budget also factored in) are the Bride Euros

:)

sold mine to Shaun P, im sure he can tell how comfy they are :)

They are about £1.1k roughly.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
I was thinking about that, but I then looked at the alternatives and nothing really I liked. R34 seats are the best option but they go for silly money.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Contemplating replacing the front seats (and then getting the rear seats retrimed to match) in my R32 GTR to something with a bit modern and form fitting.
Has anyone transplanted something from another more modern sports car, or good aftermarket seats?
Still looking for something reclining, so no race seats (I have a Bride race seat that I bolt in for track days already)
The Recaros from late model STIs are quite nice. I prefer the OE seats though.

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
ive STI seats in the SG9 they are alot more comfy than the 34 ones i think so i agree.

the OEM 32 seats are pretty good (better than 33)

but you cant really beat Bride for how they perform.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
You have to have a balance between modern and classic because some of the modern seats would not suit and R32, example the R35 seats - which are probably too wide to fit anyway.

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
yeah 34 seats (depending on spec level) go for £1k

i will take the seats out the FD for a set of brides, as they are super comfy

(based on experience)

pretty much driven every JDM car (performance wise)

STI seats you cant put in a nissan lol

evo seats are really comfy too

35s would look out of place in a 32.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys, yeah funny I never really felt comfortable in the R33 and R34 seats either.
The other option would be to see if the retrimers can add some extra bolstering to the OE seats?
I do like the look of some of the new seats with the exposed backs, sort of race seat but not.

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
beg to differ dont think Recaro are that much on most of their seats, there are the exception

iam basing this on reality and what ive have driven

no they cannot add additonal side padding sadly :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
Based on my experience recaro are better, so you could say its a matter of opinion

Also, Bride is mainly a Japanese brand only, and usually only associated with Japanese car makers and not very common outside of Japan. And even still Nissan, Honda and Mitsubishi all choose recaro for use in their high end motors, that's not to mention all the higher end stuff in the EU. All the top manufacturers in world look to recaro for seating, not bride, sooo...

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
Based on my experience recaro are better, so you could say its a matter of opinion

Also, Bride is mainly a Japanese brand only, and usually only associated with Japanese car makers and not very common outside of Japan. And even still Nissan, Honda and Mitsubishi all choose recaro for use in their high end motors, that's not to mention all the higher end stuff in the EU. All the top manufacturers in world look to recaro for seating, not bride, sooo...
This is true, but Recaro is more of a global brand with more of a background.

They sell alot in JP too, and there are different seat types etc for both brands along with differences in peoples height, weight, style of driving etc.

i have always found the Bride seats to be very comfy

the best seats ive ever had are the ones from a type r :wavey:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Comfiest seats I've been in were recaros. Trying to find a style that will go with the 32.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I really love my bride seat. It's light years away from the standard r33 gtr seat which doesn't take long before it starts to feel uncomfortable.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really like the look of these for my r32 currently have a bride low max which is very comfy but abit tight ..... To much cake

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bride euro seats get my vote.
Comfy as hell, supportive and they look great. :D

Also love the recaros from the evo 10

1 - 20 of 28 Posts