GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people may i just draw your attention to a member who registered back in 2004. I know he hasnt posted much a total of 11 posts, but recently he has posted some for sale items...http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=49412

I enquired about the Apexi ECU he told me that he had people mess him around so it was back up for sale..I sent him a cheque off in the post, he pmed me to say he had recieved the cheque and would send me the ecu out as soon as it had cleared.

The cheque cleared on Friday gone but i have yet to recieve any ecu, ive pm`ed the lad and had no response back off him and his phone diverts straight to answer phone. Now before i start ranting and raving does anyone know this lad or had any dealings with him? Also i think this should be brought to the attention of the moderators i know its buyer beware but as you may of guessed im getting that sinking feeling. It also seems that there is some shady characters on here now making money out of others trust. :( :mad:

Please correct me if im wrong but i think ive made a loss on this one and it will be the first time as ive bought the majority off parts of owners clubs. I just hate it to happen to anymore people on here...Is there anyway we can set this (if i have been duped) so that you can only sell parts if you have had a certain amount of posts on the forum?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,415 Posts
easy

it cleared friday

todays wednesday

assuming he posted it monday or tuesday, on parcelforce 48 hour, its still not "late"

click his profile and it'll show when he was last online, so you know if he's recieved your PM's, otherwise, at least give him another day or two.

mook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mookistar said:
easy

it cleared friday

todays wednesday

assuming he posted it monday or tuesday, on parcelforce 48 hour, its still not "late"

click his profile and it'll show when he was last online, so you know if he's recieved your PM's, otherwise, at least give him another day or two.

mook

Will do mate but surely youd expect to get through to him via phone at least?
thats not happening...I sent a text message to him around 11am yesterday and guess what no delivery report...not yesterday and not today. Doesnt look good in my book
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,097 Posts
This is the point I made months ago, but would any one listen?

New people join the forum and start selling from day one... they should be set up so that for the first say 200 posts they cannot post any in the for sale section. Its their way to prove they are a legit person and can contribute to the discussions on the forum with out getting excited about making money.

Look at that dude Tundey and what he was up to, all he ever did for 80 odd posts were buy and sell, no such other discussions...

There is also a great potential in stolen skylines spakers....whole cars getting stolen, broken for spares and then being flogged back on this forum. Some form of control is needed, and the sooner the better.

As for this lad, give him a few more days, im sure there is a good explanation for it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,894 Posts
GTR-Zilla said:
This is the point I made months ago, but would any one listen?

New people join the forum and start selling from day one... they should be set up so that for the first say 200 posts they cannot post any in the for sale section. Its their way to prove they are a legit person and can contribute to the discussions on the forum with out getting excited about making money.

Look at that dude Tundey and what he was up to, all he ever did for 80 odd posts were buy and sell, no such other discussions...

There is also a great potential in stolen skylines spakers....whole cars getting stolen, broken for spares and then being flogged back on this forum. Some form of control is needed, and the sooner the better.

As for this lad, give him a few more days, im sure there is a good explanation for it...
Well said that man. I've supported the idea from day 1 but unfortunately it always seems to fall on deaf ears, and people think with their heart rather than with their head (i.e. "we'd rather not turn away someone who has bargain bits to sell but doesn't like engaging in the 'community').

I shudder to think how many people have posted about their pride & joy being nicked and who've also probably seen parts off their car being flogged on here, with the vendor being much supported as having some 'great bargains' etc. etc.

Similary, every experience I've had of buying stuff off people on here has been positive, although I have to say that, leaving aside the cheek of using the forum's For Sale section for your first post, I think it represents a very clear opportunity for certain less-than-desireable individuals to sell stolen or duff goods with practically no comeback.

Regulation of something like this is always going to be difficult, with people who have stuff to sell but not having sufficient posting 'credits' feeling like we're being elitist and snobby. Not the case, but I'd rather have as few non-contributing new 'members' feeling snubbed than long-standing contributors being fleeced - either by having their stuff nicked and sold back through the forum, or by paying for stuff in good faith and it either not turning up or turning out to be duff.

The prosecution rests, yer Honour :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,764 Posts
The only problem with people selling items after say 50 or 200+ posts is that people just post up utter rubbish and even hijack threads selling similar items just to up their posts. It is however a much better solution than 1 post 1 sell situations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,686 Posts
Good point Trev but you could easly look at there posts and see what garbage or sense they had posted.

Kinda a pain in the **** of someone just trying to sell some knockoff crap to write up 40-80 legiable posts over a one month timeframe before being allowed to sell something.

The point is valid, you are very open to people selling knockoff goods or people using the selling area to rip people off without some form of minimum time/post system put in place.

Not an idea situation agreed but .... worth stopping even one stolen Skyline part being sold or one forum member being ripped off ... damn right it is.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,975 Posts
I bought a Seat off a guy on scoobynet.
One of the reasons he did not advertise on the Seat forum was he had to register and get 10 posts before he could sell anything.
He couldn't be arsed posting sh1te so didn't advertise there.
Generally people who don't have a high post count [less than 5] in the for sale section here are shot down by regular members.
I always check what a persons activity is like if they are selling and know a few you have checked my credibility when I was buying from them.
Fortunately, I haven't been stung or bought from anyone who turned out to be a wrong 'un.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,034 Posts
GTR-Zilla said:
I guess thats up to mr blow doggy and his merry men to decide on:)
Correct.

As for this thread specifically, it shouldn't even have been started given the timeframe involved.

I'm all for protecting members and have personally been involved in trying to resolve a dispute recently, hopefully successfully, but sometimes people spend money with their heads stuck up their ar5es, a few simple checks on the seller is normally enough to let you know whether a seller is genuine, trouble is the old greed bug gets the better of people, deals that are too good to be true normally are, all imo of course...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
id give it to the end of the week, Ive sold things on here and tbh ive been slow to post as I live a little way from a post office, working nights and sleeping through the day carnt be bothered to go out. Give it a few days then try contacting him again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Peter said:
Correct.

As for this thread specifically, it shouldn't even have been started given the timeframe involved.

I'm all for protecting members and have personally been involved in trying to resolve a dispute recently, hopefully successfully, but sometimes people spend money with their heads stuck up their ar5es, a few simple checks on the seller is normally enough to let you know whether a seller is genuine, trouble is the old greed bug gets the better of people, deals that are too good to be true normally are, all imo of course...
I think the time frame is quite warrented to start this thread IMO i bought a pair of r34 turbos and recieved them well in time along with various other parts(Defi water temp guage, check only sent on mon previous, recieved guage this weeks mon morning). So from date of post on the cheque to the time it takes to clear it, surely by registered post this should of arrived per say Mon, tue or Wed at the latest. I am very careful when it comes to buying things off the net maybe too careful. But he has been in touch with me since posting y.day and he has told me that it has been posted off and he apologises for not getting in touch.

It still brings the point up of posts per post for sale etc. I think this needs to be addressed personally mainly to safeguard not only genuine sellers and also the trustful buyer who deposits money into somewhere hes not sure that the outcome at the other end will be positive. :)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,415 Posts
a simple solution is a forum plug in called "trader" i think

it enables people to leave others feedback regarding purchases they have made from others on the forum, and everyone gets a feedback rating.

then its up to you if you "trust" somone enough to buy from them

mook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
stop buying then...

Here's one sure way to not get stung...dont buy anything off here! At least if you go through a vendor you have some comeback. Plus if everyone stops buying the prices will go downand I can get more stuff cheaper!!!!!:D :D

Oh yea, me-thinks the original posting here was a tad premature...at least by a couple days!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Perhaps realising that some people have more going on in their lives than posting second hand bits that you have bought off an internet forum may help your stress levels in the future. Perhaps this guy works long or odd hours and doesn't allow him to get to the post office when it is open so has to wait to post your kit until the weekend or his day off.

Just relax a bit next time :rolleyes:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top