GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Having read all twelve pages of that thread, I find the entire thing baffling. Regardless of right or wrong, claim or counter-claim...a good business relies on satisfied customers spreading the word amongst their peers. If a business does not (for whatever reason) come across in a responsible, prompt and honest way...whether it is being honest or not...it will not be a serious consideration for potential customers.
Good customer service is at the heart of running a successful business, and if something unfortunate happens in that a customer gets something that's broken or not as described...then no matter what; you offer to correct your mistake (and yes, I know from my own work you sometimes have to be unreasonably generous for unreasonable people) - But this increases your reputation tenfold. Had this situation been resolved on day one and promptly, I doubt anyone would be making slanderous or libelous comments (no matter if they are right or wrong)...That this company might have not done so, is at the very very slightest most innocent level poor customer service...

Just my own opinion and does not in any way shape or form represent even so much as the suggestion of a bottom burp by the club, the moderators of the forum, the people renting out forum space, the people posting on here or any such thing....at all.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have to agree Grasshopper, once a company gets a bit of a bad reputation for customer satisfaction like this, it does tend to put people off using them.

In the internet age, incidents like this can spread like wildfire around the various motoring forums and a companies reputation can be done sometimes irrepairable damage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have to agree Grasshopper, once a company gets a bit of a bad reputation for customer satisfaction like this, it does tend to put people off using them.

In the internet age, incidents like this can spread like wildfire around the various motoring forums and a companies reputation can be done sometimes irrepairable damage.
At the end of the day, when I finally have the money together to get a skyline...where am I going to go and ask for good businesses? Right HERE....When I want to do maintenance or modification to it, where amd I going to go and ask? Right HERE....and it'll be people's feed back on the companies they dealt with and how the company treated them (including the accuracy of the item compared to description) and it'll be THAT which will influence where I spend my money...

·
Registered
129 Posts
And it is spreading already, its here and will probably go further!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
There's good and bad customers, just as there are good and bad traders. A few people on the board are complaining about parts missing from their cars.

Threatening the club with legal action hasn't gone down well though, and they haven't done themselves any favours IMO.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've just read the 13 pages or so on the Supra Forum... Looks very biassed against the trader, tbh. Maybe he's wrong, maybe he's right - not for me to decide.

Members can't say it's bad of him to threaten legal action - but the forum allow people to basically knock him as much as possible. Becomes one sided..

If I ever have a genuine problem, I talk amicably with the company involved to try to sort it out. A business owner will take much more kindly to that if he's genuine - and will often bend over backwards. Ranting and annoying him will only serve to break any goodwill he may have had.

If he turns out to be a bad egg, then take it up legally. A forum's a place for learning about your car, make friends, etc. not for making a battle public and causing damage.

The Supra forum seems to have a lot of these keyboard warriors...

Just my 2p worth.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
A forum is also a place for sharing youre experiences and helping other people not to have the same experiences. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,843 Posts
If people are sharing REAL experiences then what can he do, take them to court for telling the truth? The difficulty is when people put up hearsay (basically gossip), all forums should be very very wary of that as it can lead to some pretty messy court cases...
T

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
I would ask everybody to assume there are two sides to every story.

I would have given the original poster more credit had he not made his first and ONLY post about this company, it sounds more like a vendetta than anything else.

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
I would ask everybody to assume there are two sides to every story.
Sage advice.

All the cars talked about are not new, almost everyone will have various mods, people sell cars [to dealers, from dealers and to each other] and then remove bits for their next car, oft times this goes un-noticed by all parties except the guy who took the parts off.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Just a point to add and no offence directed at neither parties but when reading an auction sheet, the section where it lists mods is for guideline purposes only....This has always been the case and people should be aware of that. I have previousl bought cars from auctions in japan and in one case there has been more mods than mentioned...I have also come across a car that has had less mods than what was stated..

Gez

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
I looked at GT-cars site when I was in the market to buy a GTR. Had a lot of nice cars which, on the face of it, looked very good at sensible prices.
Have also read the threads from the supra site and have to say that, whilst I have some sympathy for the chap who has a grievance, I think he's being a bit anal about only communicating by e-mail which is only perpetuating this problem.
I also think that GT-Cars have, I'm assuming in good faith, entered into a discussion on an open forum which was pehaps ill-advised and has served only to do them some damage. As an observer, I obviously have no access to the 'truth' or the details but from what I have read it would seem that the cars were either mis-advertised at auction by the sellers or perhaps too much credence was payed to the auction sheet by GT-Cars buyer. To be fair though, its a sad day when you go to sell your car that you create a pumped up spec to dupe potential buyers. I think its only reasonable to accept the spec thats written down by the seller. It would 'seem' that GT-Cars are also a victim if this is indeed the case.

I hope that this is resolved to the satisfaction of everyone involved.

TT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts