GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

can anyone tell me how much BHP do you need to get on an r32 gtr to reach 200mph.

I expect this question has been asked before, but i cant find a thread that matches my quiery.

Kind regards

·
Registered
318 Posts
i know somebody who managed a 194mph top speed run at bruntingthorpe.
his r34gtr was 585bhp at the wheels.
im sure you could manage 200mph with less bhp but you would need the right gear ratio.
im running around 600bhp and mine goes off the clock at 180mph with ease.
i was very interested to see what mine would do so i bought the defi vsd heads up display...... bit disapointed as it only displays up to 93mph.. how $hit???:thumbsup:

·
Banned
497 Posts
i would say above 550 to do 200 mph and doin will not be the issue its how fast you will get there.i managed 200mph in a 600bhp R32.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
You'll need a long road with a lower powered car. Gearing is an issue unless you have a pretty high rpm engine. The top GTR's would get to 200mph in about 8 seconds and in about 500 meters with 1600hp, if your around 1000hp you need about 1600 meters to get to 200mph and if you are under 750hp you need a pretty long road.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i know somebody who managed a 194mph top speed run at bruntingthorpe.
his r34gtr was 585bhp at the wheels.
im sure you could manage 200mph with less bhp but you would need the right gear ratio.
im running around 600bhp and mine goes off the clock at 180mph with ease.
i was very interested to see what mine would do so i bought the defi vsd heads up display...... bit disapointed as it only displays up to 93mph.. how $hit???:thumbsup:
I would love to see your face when it didn't go past 93mph.Hehe.

Started with a grin at zero to 90mph and ended with a :mad:. I've been dick turpined.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
It all depends on the amount of room you have. I am sure my FD will do 200mph - I have done 183 at TOTB but ran out of room. Wish I could 'borrow' Bugatti's 8 mile long runway :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts