GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me the max safe bhp you can run on a std crank R34 GTR with N1 24u block.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats real cool then that should give me a 400bhp safety margin.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the thing that need to be watched with the standard crank(the way it comes from the factory) is rpm above 8k... get it balanced etc and youll be fine

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
as said, cranks only really suffer with high rpm, get it balanced and you can do 10k rpm. why not?

kev

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Lol, I was informed that if you wanted to go above a proper 500bhp atw you should rebuild with full steel internals or if you like your tuner that much I am sure he will re build and re build again and again, they just love taking money off us

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Red R Racing

Yeah, but how long did it last???? My Steel eng is good for 1000bhp, but I use it well within its safety envelope at 720atf and 600atw.

Steve

·
Registered
363 Posts
Red R Racing

Yeah, but how long did it last???? My Steel eng is good for 1000bhp, but I use it well within its safety envelope at 720atf and 600atw.

Steve
raced in car for 2 seasons and ran a best of 7.84 @ 184

was perfectly ok on stripdown but has been replaced with a full counterweight 2.6 item.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
So does that mean it only lasted for 2 years ?

I have had mine for 11 (eng only 4 years old with about 2000 miles a year)

·
Registered
363 Posts
So does that mean it only lasted for 2 years ?

I have had mine for 11 (eng only 4 years old with about 2000 miles a year)
no its just the option of putting a full counter crank in came along at the end of the season when the engine was being freshened so it was put in instead of the perfectly good stock item.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Ah so the crank was replaced then ?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
1400hp/10,000rpm on a stock 20 year old RB30 crank and block for 2 years of abuse, still in the same motor, in a different car, still running fine.

There is nothing at all wrong with a properly prepared stock crank even for 7 and 8 second cars, its been proven more than once and its proven reliable.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
[QUOTE There is nothing at all wrong with a stock crank even for 7 and 8 second cars, its been proven more than once and its proven reliable.

"properly prepared" Those are the Correct words !!! Soooooo many arnt !

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rob can you tell me what would be reqired to balance a crank
RB26 running about 550 atw. R34 N1 block Pistons and rods. ATI crank damper pulley
any help thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts