GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me the max safe bhp you can run on a std crank R34 GTR with N1 24u block.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Lol, I was informed that if you wanted to go above a proper 500bhp atw you should rebuild with full steel internals or if you like your tuner that much I am sure he will re build and re build again and again, they just love taking money off us

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Red R Racing

Yeah, but how long did it last???? My Steel eng is good for 1000bhp, but I use it well within its safety envelope at 720atf and 600atw.

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
So does that mean it only lasted for 2 years ?

I have had mine for 11 (eng only 4 years old with about 2000 miles a year)

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Ah so the crank was replaced then ?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
1400hp/10,000rpm on a stock 20 year old RB30 crank and block for 2 years of abuse, still in the same motor, in a different car, still running fine.

There is nothing at all wrong with a properly prepared stock crank even for 7 and 8 second cars, its been proven more than once and its proven reliable.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
[QUOTE There is nothing at all wrong with a stock crank even for 7 and 8 second cars, its been proven more than once and its proven reliable.

"properly prepared" Those are the Correct words !!! Soooooo many arnt !

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rob can you tell me what would be reqired to balance a crank
RB26 running about 550 atw. R34 N1 block Pistons and rods. ATI crank damper pulley
any help thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.