Downpipes (no cat)
Mines Ecu.
Blitz dual SBC
Blitz Turbo timer
Apex-I Rev-Speed meter
Greedy boost Guage
And Mines white 320KPH clock set
Bride front seats

I don't know how to check things like injectors, turbos ect.

I'm trying to hazard a guess at the horse power while it's in the spray shop.
But its killing me that i haven't had a drive yet.

Rick

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My guess is 335-355 BHP.

If you have an idea of what bar you are running thru the Mines ecu it will help!

My guess was at 0.9-1 bar.

...Ian

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian

well I really don't know much about it because the car went straight into the paint shop.

It has more mods than all of the 300zx's I have had so i'm hoping it will be a bit lively.

where and how big is a standard oil cooler?

I think that is aftermarket too.

Rick

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sound good to me. So what is next for 500bhp?

I know around 400 will be lovely at first but what is the next step to bigger power?

When I was on the 300zx forum the opinion was that if you hang a air freshener on the dash of a GT-R you will be on you way to 600Bhp.

What happend to the tuning section with all the dino run info?

I could see mod for mod roughly what performance I would gain.

maybe there should be a part in FAQ for this type of question. I must come up often.

Rick

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I think...

Steel head gasket
Bigger injectors
Bigger fuel pump
Turbos..ceramic to steel.

More than lightly an Apexi power FC or HKS equivelent as I believe the MINES ecu can not be remapped but sent away (Japan) and replaced only.

..IaN1

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Matt I am having a respray just so it doesn't have to go in again for any other bits to be done.

Like I said I haven't had a drive yet and it's killing me.

I'm in Sunny Basildon. Your up near Danho aren't you?

We will have to have a meet.

I have seen a few Skylines in Bas, wonder if they are on here.

Any idears?

Rick

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
sounds like a good call from croydon there

on BHP. 500 is a nice level to get to as you can still retain reliability and keep costs to medium level

You might get away with normal gasket as such but would need to go 2510's as they flow about 500BHP at 1.2 bar from memory.
The roller bearings I have run slightly less but nowhere near as laggy and spoil up v quickly.

Oh yeah you would need a bigger clucth as this woul dblow the std one apart!! And a hard pipe kit would be a must to stop pipe bulge and possible deterioation.

Good luck and build it up gradual..more to look forward to!! bit like smoot really.

NLW

·
Registered
694 Posts
You've probably seen me Rick !

Hi Rick,

Firstly welcome to Skyrocket ownership ! you are gonna love it.

Secondly with regards to Skyline(s) in the Basildon area, chances are you have probably seen me about in my 33 GTS (Burgundy red) over the last three years or so ! If you wanna meet up for a chat/pint etc. gis a pm or e-mail mate & I'll be more than happy to do so.
Any ideas as to how long your car will be in the paint shop for ??

Shaun. :D

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Re: sounds like a good call from croydon there

N15MOW said:
You might get away with normal gasket as such but would need to go 2510's as they flow about 500BHP at 1.2 bar from memory.

The roller bearings I have run slightly less but nowhere near as laggy and spoil up v quickly.
Nick,

So you've never driven a Skyline with 2510s then. To say that steel stock turbos are nowhere near as laggy as 2510 is pure 5hite mate.

You are correct about the power though. :)

Peter.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Jamie Ms uncle P

felt a lot laggier to me and he agrees to.

he certainly knows his cars and his racing. You know that.
Just by their nature a bigger housing will mean more lag.
Even our friends at Oxted agree that point.

The roller bearings are on full boost by like 3. I have been in 4 cars on 2510s and they were more like 4-4.5 when REALLY boosting. And we are talking roller bearings and NOT basic steel internals. Big difference mate. Big diff as I have tried both.

Correct me if I am wrong. I have an option on some 2510s but sticking to roller bearings on 33 housings.

Nick

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
I can only go on my car and what differences I found after fitting the 2510s and having her mapped. I can honestly say that there is only a marginal difference. 'Nowhere near as laggy' implies that there is a big difference, well there simply isn't, IMHO.... :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the reply's lads I will be tuning it gradualy. After the spraying I will be a bit skint so I will have to wait a while.

Shaun the car should be out of the spray shop in about 10 days, but you know what spray shops are like.
They are very busy at the moment and shouldn't have even started on my one yet, but they have so I am patiently waiting.

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
we beg to differ mate.

there is noticeable lag especially if you are in town and if you need to go away.

I have seen the rollers deliver 1.2 bar at like 3k rpm. The 2510s I have seen do on 4k or even more.

But once those 2510s are on song...boy do they sing. More top end shove for sure.

I have yet to get the rollers mapped at Abbey and hooked up to boost controller and I am expecting the response to be even quicker and sharper. Must catch up so you can have a go mate.

Keep it real and smooth Big P.

NLW

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Nick,

Like you say, we'll have to swap cars and judge for ourselves. Just one point though, when 2510s are boosting at say 1.0 bar at 3k, don't you think they'll be flowing as much as stocks at 1.2 bar...?

This just reminded me about some thoughts I was having the other evening. On the Top Gear/Zonda thread, most people are advocating some of the big power cars going along to try their best. Well if 2510s are so much more laggier than stock turbos, wtf are T78s and 2835s like? A quick track car needs to be able to spool up quickly, it's not a drag car, it needs to be able to respond, a point which Jamie made which seemed to go unnoticed....

Sorry to go off on a tangent although I suppose it's vaguely related.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
not sure about the air flow mate

I am a white collar boy here. I am not sure if the power delivery is more related to the air and fuel mixture as dictated by the revs and the air flow as opposed to just air itself.

As for the big singles they seem to work better as don't forget one turbo drives all 6 cylinders so this makes it smoother and more responsive. I have been out in the big singles and I was suprised by lack of lag. It was still around 4k before it hit but jesus did it go! as for the 2835s after seeing Gary's on the dyno not a great deal happened until 6k so that is why abbey go down the songle route.

But there is no denying that turbos like the 30 series onwards deliver the huge 1000BHP+ results.

I think if you can launch the big singles and big twins well then the zonda will have some issues dealing with the rockets car!!

But with the huge V12 it is going to have some serious top end grunt right through and it weighs sweet fa too!!

as for a quick track car I did take Jamie and Mark's advice as to what I want from the car and there is no doubt the smaller turbos make the car initially more repsonsive and quicker out of the corners.

Just depends on what you want. catch up soon for a good razzing.
Nick

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Errr, not sure about the first bit Nick but yes, it will need some fuel as well.

I meant that a pair of 2510s will flow more air (& fuel) at the same boost level than a pair stock sized turbos. So conversely, a pair of 2510s will flow the same air (& fuel) as a pair of stock sized turbos but at a lower boost level. So whilst the 2510s may not be at full chat until marginally later up the rev range, I reckon the power delivery will be very similar to stocks until they peak.

All I know my car is only marginally laggier than it was with stock turbos... :p

Peter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts