GTR Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well well well. The eternal question again. The bottom line is that there's no such thing as too much power. Really. It's all about what you're willing to compromise to have more. A reliable, streetable big power build is never really cheap, considering the complete package, including drivetrain, but when executed properly it has very few downsides.

500-600bhp seems to be the sweet spot for most RB26 builds; relatively affordable and quite reliable when driven sensibly, and it can even be accomplished with bolt-ons and careful mapping. Beyond 700bhp is all about choices; streetability can be compromised unless elaborate measures like increasing displacement and implementing variable cam timing are taken, and that's beyond what the stock transmission can take even when driven (relatively) sensibly.

But being able to use power on public roads? Heck, yes. Plenty of discretion will be required but whenever I've been driving 700, 800 or even 1000bhp+ cars, I can't remember a day I hadn't had a chance to use all that power, nor missed many of those chances intentionally. Power is highly addictive, there's no way around it. A well-built GT-R is one of the finest machines in existence to experience what I call "Millennium Falcon -effect". Choosing between R34 turbos and only a slightly more elaborate 2860-7 build would be a no-brainer in my book, especially because the latter in stock displacement is still perfectly streetable with no major adverse effects. The area under the power curve and breadth of powerband is what it's all about.

·
Registered
20 Posts
At the moment I'm running 850bhp on pump fuel but hoping to have over 1200bhp on race fuel this should be fun on the road oh and forgot the nos on top lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
At the moment I'm running 850bhp on pump fuel but hoping to have over 1200bhp on race fuel this should be fun on the road oh and forgot the nos on top lol
That's uh.... yeah. A tad excessive in my humble opinion to say the least but whatever floats your boat. Must be fun to drive in traffic.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
That's uh.... yeah. A tad excessive in my humble opinion to say the least but whatever floats your boat. Must be fun to drive in traffic.
And the wet!!! :eek::eek:

TT

Reactions: truupR
61 - 65 of 65 Posts