GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a search but can't find a good answer to this. (there probably isn't)

But what is the mininium bhp you need for a full body R32 (not strip to the bone) to make it into the 10 seconds bracket (say 10.999 seconds) on the strip?

I know traction, weight, gear shifting, and alot of other parts comes into play, but assuming everything that can help with his run was perfect, what is the power you will need?

Saying that, this will be done on road tires, not Semi Slick or Drag Slick. Or is it not possible to get into the 10 on road tires?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I run a search but can't find a good answer to this. (there probably isn't)

But what is the mininium bhp you need for a full body R32 (not strip to the bone) to make it into the 10 seconds bracket (say 10.999 seconds) on the strip?

I know traction, weight, gear shifting, and alot of other parts comes into play, but assuming everything that can help with his run was perfect, what is the power you will need?

Saying that, this will be done on road tires, not Semi Slick or Drag Slick. Or is it not possible to get into the 10 on road tires?

Yes it can be done.
I would have a good guess around the 700 bhp atw you would see a 10.

Mick

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
600whp might just get you into the 10's on street tyres or well into the 10's on DOT drag tyres.
Lee's over stock weight R33 gtr (R.I.P.S UK001) needed just over 700whp to run a 10.7 although in poor weather conditions.
Alot comes down to the track, driver and how the power is delivered, its all very well having 700whp, but if its a laggy top end only motor and you have a stock gearbox your probably not going to get a 10.
A well setup 600whp with good response and torque will get a 10 far easier with a stock box.
Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
597 Posts
In an R32 I would say 550-600atw would see you doing high tens repeatedly

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Im pretty sure my car would run a 10 on my track tires.
Its done consistant 11.2's @200 kph on road tires and only has 482hp at the wheels ...
Thats on 1.2 bar , when I tried 1.5 bar it ran 11.45 @ 206
In fact , I would bet money it will run a 10 ....with a lot less than 700 hp at the wheels

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I would bet money it will run a 10 ....with a lot less than 700 hp at the wheels
You've been running consistant 11's for as long as I've known you, step it up and go for it!! :shy: Your mph is plenty for a 10, around 550whp seems to be the figure for a R32 on good tyres/stock box, 600-700whp for R33 with good tyres/stock box.

Once you've felt a 1.4 60ft you won't ever want to run street tyres again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
What 60ft do you run now? what mph at 1/2 and what mph at 1/4 with what time?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
cant find my slips! my best time was 13.6 but it was my first ever go on the strip! a friend with ALOT more experience and same spec was running low 12's. my terminals were around 115mph at best and lowest was 98mph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.