1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BHP SHOW - JAP EDITION
SATURDAY 19th SEPT 2009
LYDDEN HILL RACE CIRCUIT

So we did the first show in May which was running for its second year for all marquees of moddified cars, but now the organisers for the first time are having a 'Jap' only event at the Lydden Hill Race Circuit not to far from Canterbury in Kent. The GTROC would like to be a part of this as the event is very well run & organised & being on a Saturday means you won't be knackered at work on a Monday morning :chuckle:

They are offering public track time at this event in fifteen minute segments but the GTROC are not arranging this. If you are interested in taking your Skyline round Lydden Hill it will be down to you to arrange this with the organisers. This can be booked on the day but they do recommend that you pre-book this, so forms for this are available :

'HERE'

You will need an approved crash helmet on the day, though I believe they have a limited amount you can hire. Plus you will need to have both parts of your driving licence with you as well. Pre booked public track time is £15.00 with bookings on the day being charged at £20.00 which is for a fifteen minute session as previously mentioned.

TICKETS : CAR & DRIVER - £7.00
TICKETS: PASSENGERS - £12.00 each on the gate on the day.

Tickets for entry will be in the club shop soon, so all we need now are some names added to the list below for this event :thumbsup:
If any more news comes along I'll let you know in this thread & if you have any questions then please let me know :

GTROC BHP JAP SHOW STAND :

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
01. Steve + A BEUT

·
Registered
524 Posts
i am there already doing the demo runs on the track. i know the organisers very well for this and i know it will be a wicked day all round.

be the first time to put my skyline on the track with its track setup all round. cant wait

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
i am there already doing the demo runs on the track. i know the organisers very well for this and i know it will be a wicked day all round.

be the first time to put my skyline on the track with its track setup all round. cant wait
New car or old one mate....long time no see:wavey:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTROC CLUB STAND

01. Steve + A BEUT
02. Speed Merchant

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Emil, afriad I can't make this now as I will be on an Alpine Adventure, sorry

02. Speed Merchant

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTROC STAND :

01. Speed Merchant
02. faney
03. Ravenheart

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
01. Speed Merchant
02. faney
03. Ravenheart
04. Dave Mac

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
01. Speed Merchant
02. faney
03. John Mal
04. Dave Mac

Don't forget its this Saturday people so we will meet at MEDWAY SERVICES on Saturday morning at an eye watering 7am to make sure we're not stuck in the hour of traffic that normally builds up for the BHP events.

If your still wanting tickets then please add yourself to the list above & pay immediately in the club shop.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well its going to be small stand so far, especially compared to our counterparts ... but dam will we look good none the less :chuckle: :thumbsup:

However I have a trick up my sleeve :p

Anyhoo, don't forget this is a Saturday event too so you still get Sunday to recover before back to work Monday ... unless like me you have Monday off too :p :thumbsup:

I spoke with the organiser today & if anyone out there from Time Attack, N.F.S EDC, BDC or another similar discipline wanted to join us they would get free track time which they could use for testing or exhibition :thumbsup:
Superb offer so my thanks to Jay ...

01. Speed Merchant - PAID
02. John Mal - PAYING ON SAT
03. Dave Mac - PAID

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well what can I say ... an absolutely stunning day which was very relaxed with some track time & a very, very good atmosphere. I know the organisers were let down by a lot of traders that never bothered to show up & this including some of the well known media as well associated with Japanese cars ...

Yes, okay compared to the first BHP SHOW of this year & something like Modified Live it was quiet ... but it was still busy enough & did feel kinda exclusive at times.

I'd also like to thank Sash & the motley crew of skylineowners.com for making the day what it was too & with the combination of both clubs on the same stand it looked rather awesome.

I have pictures but need time to download & process them which I'll put in the "THE GALLERY" later tomorrow or next week.

My thanks to Jay & all the staff & marshals at Lydden Hill & especially Jay for the 'FREE' track time :eek: :thumbsup: :p

Yes you heard it & soon you'll see it, I took ARHAM on the track :p

Superb :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wasn't sure how many laps I did in the end but the first two & last two were for warming up & cooling down & my intentions was a gentle jog which I managed to achieve ... just :chuckle:

I saw you coming up behind me & remember thinking enjoy it now as in a few more years ... but your 33 looked awesome going round fella :thumbsup:

Have to pay homage though to MEISTER R & I.A MOTORSPORT though as the current setup was like glue on that circuit ... & the 888's of course! There were a number of times I hit corners too fast & in third rather than second but the car did its job unlike the driver & forgave me! Been too long for me since behind the wheel on the track ... that will change :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts