GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have just got my car back from the rolling road and was running 389 bhp ..... Question is how do you think my 0-60 should be , I have been told that I should whoop the GTR specs as I have a GTT R34 which has a much lighter body any thoughts I would be intrested in as I know what a lot of clever chaps you are ..................

PS any events on in the coming weeks ???

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Anything going on??

No nothing really only the biggest Skyline gathering of Spring at the Grasshopper (see meetings Grasshopper poll)!!!!!:p ;) :D

..Ian

·
Registered
488 Posts
GTT Timings

Your 0-60 should be in the region of 4.5secs. Unfortunately although your car is lighter than a [Standard] GT-R, you don't have the wonderful adaptive 4x4 system on board (hence it being lighter). Because of this, no matter how much power you have, you can't get it down onto the tarmac as effectively as a GT-R. Due to this, you will always be trailing in the acceleration stakes, especially in the 0-60 / 0-100 times. A similarly powered GT-R should be putting in times in the region of 4.2secs. This is basically why you see Lamborghini Diablo's with a sack of grunt and less mass putting in substantially greater 0-60 & 0-100 times than a GT-R of similar power but more weight and greater drag.

Saying all of that, it would be interesting to see it in practice putting together a head to head at one of the forthcoming Skyline meets.

Rupert

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Rupert

I also echo you thoughts , what you say makes sense and I will be very intrested in seeing how I get on head to head with the GTR`s . As you seem to be a knowedgible chap put your thought to this one ...... I have done the following works so far Apexi ECU steel turbo Nur-spec ( D-Catted ) intercooler fuel system upgrade . I was told to changed Pistons rods and get ports polished with gasket changed and will make 475-500 BHP , now what do you think that will make in terms of my times ????

Regards
Andy

·
Registered
488 Posts
Answers to your questions...

It all depends on what boost you're running although, I guess with your set-up, you'll be peeking at about 1.2 - 1.3bar (500 bhp ish). When I had an R-33 GT-R at a similar state of tune, it was putting in on a standard box, but with 18-inch wheels, 0-60 of 3.9 secs with a top speed of around 175 - 180 mph (dependant on the wind!).

I should therefore expect that you should be in the low 4's (4.2 ish), but perhaps on a fair day with the wind at your back (sticky tarmac) you may get lower. It's really the 0-100 and 1/4 miles you should be looking to get good times on though, as the Skyline, in whatever guise, is not at it's best simply on the 0-60.

Rupert

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Not so sure !

I have, as you know, an R33 GT-R "V" Spec, A-BEUT pushing out 450bhp with 343ftlbs of Torque, 0-60 are impressive and I have recorded a 4.5 and a 4.2, however, my little RS turbo van pushing out 200bhp to 60mph feels around the 4.5 mark and Yes traction is a problem, however, my R34 GT-S I have does not have to wait for the twin turbo's to spin up and feels just a quick to 60, but I have to say that the GT-R, after that, makes mincemeat of it as it dos of most things. I will be trying the YELLOW peril out at Silverstone for Trax 2002 for a couple of 0-60 sprints and will keep you posted. Yes, there is an event on the 27th April at Castle Combe if you want to come on down. I will be out at least 6 times,(in A_BEUT) and if you want to bring your GT-S along please do, I assume that it is an 33 ??
Keep it on the Black Stuff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Steve
No its a R34 , April27th sounds good will give me time to get the Nos set up ( LOL ) how many people are going and is there a DB noise llevel ???:p

·
Registered
506 Posts
Getting it donw

Andy,

As Rupert says, big problem is getting the power down. I only have 340bhp and 326ft/lb torque and Gary struggled to get the power down on the Banzai day. Do you have wide boys on the back and an LSD? Every little helps:D

Stu

p.s. whats going on at Castle combe on the 27th? I was meant to be taking part in a Porche day there and then!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Stu

thanks for the advice . April 27th ......... if you read the reply above me Steve said there is an event there , i hope i have my facts right >?? can anyone confirm ????

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have about the same power as you in my 33 GTR, if we meet up at a decent venue I don't mind lining up with you for the sake of science...

why not come along to one of the santa pod meets or perhaps the next Banzai day..

not too keen on doing a standing quarter on a public road though...

/Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Steve

No problem my freind , I know there is santa pod this sunday but i am not sure yet if i shall be able to attend , when is the next meetings that you are aware of ???

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hi mate,

I know about the Grasshopper meet, Tigger is planning the next Banzai day, and there are various RWYB at Santa pod all year..

RWYB dates...

APRIL 14,28
May 26
June 23
July 14
August 18
September 1,15
October 6,13,20
November 3

I dunno which ones I'll be going to but I'll probably tag along if there is a group going up..

/Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts