GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at santapod on sunday afternoon so thought i'd post some pics i took ,just a few for now ;)

more later , theres not too many though as this was mainly a vw event but went for the first round of jds .

·
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did any of the GTRs get good times?
i missed half the day so the only time i could recall was jeff's 9.3 but thats on a fresh build so it just running that in again and will have more in it later at the japshow in july which should be in the 8's again , not many attended on th jds this time as others from what i recall are still in the process of working on there cars

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
How did DaveG get on in the silver R33 Jeff got 2nd place overall and this will net some good points..

We were at the Prodrive tour otherwise would have been there..

·
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did DaveG get on in the silver R33 Jeff got 2nd place overall and this will net some good points..

We were at the Prodrive tour otherwise would have been there..
With jeff there was a bit of an issue to do with the staging on his last race but with dave i think i only see once when he went up the track but it didnt seem like he wash pushing hard , didnt catch his time either as i couldnt get a clear view from were i was even though he seemed quite content on the day , just more the case of some practice on this first round.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Missed first qualifier as got to burn out area and car just died. Restart engine, fires then dies. About 10 times. Towed back to pits, plug in lap top and Syvecs says oil pressure error, so shutting engine down.

Check numbers, all OK with 6-8Bar, must be rogue sensor, so tell the Syvecs to ignore!

Next run cruise through for 10.2, third run alongside Jeff and did 10.07 which is a bit close to DISQ (against Jeff's 10.12 :p ) even without flat shift.

Sunday first qual try other lane. Car bogs down on launch with a 2.06 60ft and 11.7sec quarter, looks like its stickier. Ludders does 9.55 in other lane. Second qual get proper hook up with 1.6 60ft, lift off to cross at 10.5 sec and 113mph, still beat Liam in other lane who runs his best time of 10.5 too. Third qual cut another 1.6 60ft (been doing 1.4's Saturday so not sure why slower) to clock 10.1 lifted off with terminal of 121mph against Andre.

So in semi final eliminator up against Liam.

Liam stages, I come into pre-stage/stage bringing up on launch, and lights immediately go. I react 0.02 ahead of Liam and I'm gone, for about 20ft, when car seems to cut out, almost stop, and then kicks back in again. We need to study logs to see exactly what was going on. But that 'hiccup' in the crucial 60ft kills my time to a 1.86 against Liams 1.66. So my RT gain plus some has gone in a flash. I tried to catch him, but Liam ran his best time of weekend at 10.4 and took the win.

Seems Jeff then gifted him the final!

So Congratulations to Liam. I think his first win in JDS and yet again proved that you don't need the fastest car to win a round.

Now we work toward next round at Jap Show in early July when RIPS Blue Streak will be out again. Garage Bomber has had its annual outing at Pod.

DaveG

·
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The next round seem ages away , atleast then there will be more running in the jds.

I here here you might be running even faster down the track dave , this july in blue streak ?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Just planning on having a little contingency up the sleeve in case its required!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts