GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I know everyone has there mind on other meets at the moment (10-of-the-best, nurbug, Trax, etc), but i am going to organise a big boxhill Jap meet.

The plan is to hold the meet on Saturday 21st September. "Kickoff" will be 2pm.

All shows, etc. should be finished by then and we'll all be lookin' for something to do (well i will).

So if you're interested in coming along, please do.

It'll be the usual JapUKMeets guys, along with as many others from each different owners club as is interested.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
chens, we have been organizing Japukmeets at boxhill for about 2 yrs now, often there are lots of highly modded bikes down there aswell, but if need be we use the overspill carpark as we did wen we the GTRs came afyter the grasshopper meet recently. we always manage to find the space and weather permitting have a fun day out.

Lex

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just so that everyone knows, the date for the meet is now Saturday the 28th September.

The reason for the date change is that it clashes with the EVO rolling road day at G-Force.

Hope you can still all come along.
Daz

·
Registered
36 Posts
11th i think .......

I think something going on , on the 11th .....a mini evo meet so more the merrier :cool:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All,

Just a reminder to say that there is a big boxhill meet arranged for Saturday 28th Sept (a weeks time).

"kick-off" 2pm.

Apparently the BBC will be there recording for their "inside out" prog.

Hope some of you guys n gals can make it along - as it should be a good meet. Word has been spread around the various forums, so we're expecting a pretty good turnout.

Daz - not eating for 24 hrs and BLOODY hungry !

·
Registered
292 Posts
BBC

I can confirm the Beeb will be there.

They are meeting us at South Mimms to join in the convoy. 1pm at Mimms, 2pm at Boxhill.

They are doing a feature on Jap cars in conjunction with Japukmeets for their Inside Out program which is on before Eastenders on a Monday.

We are really excited about this, you are all welcome to come along.

Cheers

Si

·
Registered
292 Posts
BBC

Tigger,

I was speaking to Mary from Inside Out today and they said they were filming you at a track in the morning and were going to meet us in the afternoon for the Boxhill meet.

She was a bit confused as to where the track was though so I'm not sure how it will all work out, they will come to Boxhill though because she's really keen to see what goes on in the world of Jap cars !!:D

Cheers

Si

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
they seem keen to do a lot of things....she wants me to take both my cars to the track day........so I am sure she is going to that...she is gonna be busy that day!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
wow the beeb will be busy !

Can I just check, the boxhill meet will be in boxhill on sat the 28th ????

Who do I need to ask if I can come ? (ber me mar !) or is it just a turn up type thingy ?

havent got anything planed.....yet...

CU guys there !

E ;)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, Saturday 28th...2pm start.

Just turn up on the day...no need to arrange it with anyone.

Depending on where you are based, you may want to join the main convoy (which starts from South Mimms services). Si Sideways will be able to tell you more about the convoy - as i arrive from a completely different direction.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
241 Posts
CU there !

Im coming from Kent so M20,M26,M25 Jwhatever and on from there ! dorking way - isnt it ??

I dunno wat time ill get there but i will b there...

E

Thanks

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Is this a Skylines only thing or can I turn up as a prospective Skyline owner in my non-Skyline?

Just trying to find out as much about them as I can to help me with that tough decision ... :cool:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Boxhill is just going to be a Jap Meet thing, so all jap sports cars. Im sure one or two other things will be there so come along anyway if its not too far.

Lee

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Daz...

I'm off to Abbey and Kent that weekend so will drop in and say hello.
What time does it kick off? 2pm?

See you there.

NLW

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm afraid i will not be there - i had to see the doctor again this morning, and she has signed me off work for 2 weeks.

Sorry guys....i picked a bad time to go down ill.

Daz :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts