GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i have been looking at the gt4202r and similar sized turbos.

My rb26 will be a 2.818L and i have been thinking about going with a 1.15 a/r 102mm gt42r which would give me 1 bar at around 5600 rpm.

Now I was wondering what other turbos can give me the output that the gt42r can but possibly at a nicer price.
Recently a supra put down 1134 rwhp with the 102mm gt42r so anyone think it is unreasonable to try for 1001 hp on a lot of boost and possible some NO2

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nicer lower price?

You can always try a non-ball bearing equivalent, but the GT42R would be the route I would go.

Cheap and 1000whp, just dont belong in the same sentence.

Why dont you go with a GT4088R and have a fun, non laggy 700whp turbo and be done with it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a gt4088r cannot give me the power i need.

this car is going to be 90% drag and the odd friday night cruise.
the internals are rated to 1400hp and i intend to use as much of that as possible, try and test the limits of the crower stroker.

5600 rpm is not what i would call laggy when you are revving to 11000

regardless you can't knock on a guy for trying to save a dollar or two where he can. I have also been looking at the borgwarner s400 series turbos.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Do a search for some vids of Japan drags and you will get one answer....Upswept twins.....They are 5+ years ahead of the rest of the world in regards to tuning the RB. :bowdown1:

·
Registered
895 Posts
mate,
if you have internals rated to 1400 you've spent big money already, just get the turbo you want, like said before...1000bhp and cheap dont come in the same sentence.
theres tons of big power turbo's out there...... turbonetics,garrett,precision,hks and the rest......... steveN will be around shortly no doubt to educate you :chuckle:

precision turbos do a non ball bearing gt42, 94 or 102 compressor wheel
that is good for 1100 bhp
$1250 US

·
Registered
118 Posts
mate,
if you have internals rated to 1400 you've spent big money already, just get the turbo you want, like said before...1000bhp and cheap dont come in the same sentence.
theres tons of big power turbo's out there...... turbonetics,garrett,precision,hks and the rest......... steveN will be around shortly no doubt to educate you :chuckle:

precision turbos do a non ball bearing gt42, 94 or 102 compressor wheel
that is good for 1100 bhp
$1250 US
Yep, if you've invested that much, which I was not aware of, then I would go with a Direct Port Nitrous Setup (20x6=120 shot, preferably Nitrous Express) and the GT42R Big Boy.

I run nitrous on pretty much every car I own, and after not ever blowing one motor, can testify that when installed with the appropriate safety mods, it's 100% safe.

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Do a search for some vids of Japan drags and you will get one answer....Upswept twins.....They are 5+ years ahead of the rest of the world in regards to tuning the RB. :bowdown1:
Whens the last time you seen anything new and groundbreaking on the Skyline drag racing scene in Japan? Many many many years ago.

And the only reason they use twins is cause they like to use only Jap branded stuff, and there isnt a Jap branded turbo good for more than about 1000bhp.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Turbonetic Y2K or why not a Thumper

"And the only reason they use twins is cause they like to use only Jap branded stuff, and there isnt a Jap branded turbo good for more than about 1000bhp."

On the light side of things their isnt a jap engine that will turn a 1khp single tubby :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will look into the y2k and thumpers

i have been looking into something between the size of a gt42r and gt47 but still maintaining ball bearing.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Getting 1k HP is not as easy as many people assume or think its achivable its freakn hard you might have the buttom end of the engine setup, you might even get the perfectly matched cams and tubby/s for the job.. but at the 1k hp mark one degree of ignition can destory the whole engine and set you back to the drawing board.

I pushed a respctable 650 at 1.6bar with T51kai I have the budget for a 1k car hell am even over the half way mark already but my knowledge of the engine tuneing and the next step is waaay beyond my knowledge at this time as I know the next 400 or so HP more is a very dangerouse step

1 - 10 of 10 Posts