GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise as to which is the best way to go for big power in a GTR, I want to know if the traditional big single turbo like a T88, or the other option which I think is called twin "direct feed" turbos? which work best, and the relative cost to get a high power engine, say 800bhp+ any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
As far as I know, a single is the way to go for higher power, less plumbing to do and a lot less fiddly and you certainly will not get any shuffle.....

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
depends on displacement?. twin 2835,s on a 2.8 is awesome. twin 3037,s will take you into 4 figures with lag. singles well t88-38gk is a monster and very laggy. you need to decide what power you want and what you are willing to sacrifice for the power, usually response............bernie

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I would say, forged block which you have, big turbo plus all piping £3500,uprated gearbox clutch £5000 fuel system £1500,big brakes £3500 decent ecu plus mapping £1000.Job done.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
did not know you could get a forged block. Were do you get one and how much? Or do you mean turbos and rods and crank?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts