GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all....
Yesterday I received my Garrett GT4088R turbo to replace the good ol' t88-34d. The new turbo is too short and does not clear the inner fender (strut tower) to run the boost pipe in a similar fashion. I could rotate it downward, but then I would need a hard pipe with lots of bends and turns to reach the intercooler pipe. Can I find a manifold that is offset slightly more to the front of the engine ?? How are you other gtr owners out there running your boost pipes off singles like a TO4Z etc ???

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ARRRGGG...I'm not sure what to do. I would think lots of bends would hurt airflow, and hacking the new turbo doesn't sit well with me. I can't believe there is no manifold to suit my needs. Anyone else ????

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's along those lines, but I can't have it too far forward, as I'm still using filters and afms, and need some room for those. Saw a lovely HKS one for sale in the US, but alas it was sold....
:mad:

·
Registered
320 Posts
the R14 is my personal car, and i designed the manifold in question. That manifold is designed to be able to fit a massive turbo (up to a GT45-108R) so that is the reason it is so far forwards. It is also NOT a/c compatible which will be a big drawback for some people.

We have an R34 in the shop right now which we are prototyping our AC compatible GT40R exhaust manifold right now. If you want some pics just let me know id be happy to share them. The exh manifold is a twin scroll t4 design using dual 44mm wastegates, made of 8 gauge 316H stainless steel that is Robotically TIG welded. If you look at the runners on the head flange you may notice how we compensated for the un-equal distribution of air at cyl 6, due to the intake plenum and cyl head combination

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's really frustrating is that the manifold I am currently using let's a big t88 clear no problem. It's the smaller/shorter 4088r that needs about 1.5 inches more clearance.
I've got a different manifold on order. If it gives me 1 more inch, I can make it work (and look good too!!!):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.