GTR Forum banner

Big Sly caught on the rollers...

979 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Smootster73 
#1 ·
Stu you kept this one a bit quiet at the well lane centre...

highlight had to be stu and BIG SLY R32 making 552bhp on just 1.2bar at 7.500rpm, well short of redline at 8600rpm!

I know what some of you are going to say but that reads good in my books. Especially at 1.2 bar!!!

Well done that man, NLW

#2 ·
BUSTED

Hi Nick/guys

The day was a 200+ dyno day with Redline magazine, which i was kindly invited to by Chris Mann.
A seperate feature on the car will be in the July issue i am lead to believe...
Over all its was a very good day with a good variety of cars, with the largest number going to Pulsars which there was 9 i think all black which was a bit confusing!:p

There was a number of people taking video of my run including myself, which no doubt will be shown on various sites...

Please note that the car has been setup by ROD BELL with driveability in mind, and therefore we have NOT gone for sheer horsepower which makes the figure very impressive and i must say a BIG THANKS to Rod for all his hard work with my motor!!;)

The results are excellent!! but then i don't think there is a standard part left on the car!! execpt the power steering pump! lol!

The actual power graph i have shows the line still going up when the operator lifted off at 7308, as the car was creaking the tie -straps wanting to be off the rollers!!!

Lets hope i can now keep the momentum going!! and will hopefully have a half decent chance at keeping up with the other Register's car's at the Top Ten Day in August....

Thanks & Best Wishes

Stu

#3 ·
Good work stu and you are the talk

of 200+. I am meeting up with some of them on wednesday at the jekyl and hyde (see meets for ref) and I am sure I will get the low down.
As you say what is the point of having all that chuff at the top end. I just hope that I don't meet you on the road. By the time the big twins have spooled, you are laters!!
It is a wicked result and especially at that boost.
Keep it up and hope to see the car sometime.
Keep it real.

Nick.

#4 ·
Cheers

Nick,

Thanks mate!!;)

TBH it has been a long time coming, and anytime you would like a look at the motor please drop me a line and i will try my best to fit it in to whereever i am at the time..
I have never been in a Skyline that has the big twin setup so would love a passenger ride sometime please.....
And i will return the favour so you can make a comparison also....

Take It Easy

Stu

#10 ·
Cheers Guys!!

Thanks guys for the postings, i must give Rod Bell all the credit as i am just the man giving him the cash!!

Rod is the one that has done ALL the hard work and believe me there has been numerous hours, as far as the power goes i ran the car at 1.2 becos Kevin at Well lane asked me "to please keep the boost down" as video footage will show the car was actually lifting off the rollers and pulling sideways!!!:eek:

I was not at York on Bank Holiday Monday as i had to work, and that is the same this weekend unfortunately meaning i miss the Doncaster Show but there is a slight chance i can get there on Sunday......

Torque figures were not too good actually,but i gather this is a trait of the BIG SINGLE conversions, but this will improve with more work on the car, as i only gave Rod very little time to set the car up before taking it off him to run at Well Lane!!!

Thanks again for all your kind words and support! and hope to catch up for a proper chin-wag with all of you soon.

Thanks & Take Care

Stu

#11 ·
Torque and Rod Bell.

thumbs up to Rod for work and thumbs up to Stu for getting the rent out. Great pic of the GTR and have attached. Love the wheels and set it off a treat.

As for torque I spoke to a tuner and asked why the skyline so low sometime? Sth to do with the size of the ports into the engine and the configuraiton of it. You really have to wind up the boost to get the torque as we know. And not necessairly at low revs like some of the 4 pot like Subrau or Evo.
Any other offers??

Nick.

Attachments

#12 ·
Plan Change!

Hi Guys,

I have just finished a meeting at work which means that i am NOT working this weekend!!:D :D
Therefore both me and the car will be at Donny show for both days, on the front of the 200+ stand, i won't be too far away either if anyone wants to have a chin-wag etc...

Peter.. Thanks for the support your right about ALL the "problems" i have experienced!!!
As far as boost goes 1.2 bar was for Well lane only...

Keith, Cheers mate but what would be the finishing touch! would be a torque figure like yours please!! lurverly!;)

Mike, Thanks mate also got your P.M and will be in touch very soon on a number of issue's mate...

Simon, Many thanks mate!! Will be at next York meet on May 26th if you can make it!! BTW Can i ask what boost you ran to get your avatar figures of 544 bhp please.....

Best Regards

Stu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.