GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to say a massive THANKS to ABBEY MOTORSPORT (Abbey Motorsport - The home of Skyline tuning...) for all there hard work, dedication, blood, sweat and passion :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

A little history on my car. Had it 3/4 years and it's a R33 GTS N/A, totally stock. Everytime an event was on and a convoy was arranged I always ended up at the back, being slow compared to the other Skylines who probably used to get annoyed because they were waiting on me! :chuckle: After owning the car for a bit and also being allowed to drive Fuggles R33 GTR 2.8 I wanted (like everyone else) MORE POWER!

The idea of putting a turbo on was thought about, but I wanted to be different. So I put the idea of a SUPER CHARGER in my engine to ABBEY. Mark went away and researched it. The answer was YES it can be done! ABBEY developed the concept and turned it into a BEAST

I have only just got back home from driving it most of the M25 and the petrol tank is almost dry...:smokin: I can't describe the sound really, but imagine a very large tiger in your engine, deep throaty growl! :smokin: :squintdan

I have the dyno results and I'll post them later this evening....promise!

Okay here's the power of it as standard
Produced 138bhp at the hubs (Abbeys dynopak)

SUPER CHARGED
Produces 238bhp at the hub, and 270 at the fly and the Torque has gone from 125lb to 200lb.

SPEC
Rotrex Supercharger Spec C30-84 running at 0.6 bar boost rotrexmenu1
HKS F-con Pro management system inc map sensor
ATI front pulley ( this is allow the supercharger to be run)
GT-s injectors (std clutch and fuel pump)
Renault electric power steering pump (due to S/C being mounted in the position of the Power steering pump)
Std GT-s intercooler kit.
Trust racing 8 spark plugs

To say I'm happy is a complete understatement. My grin is bigger than it was before and I'm so excited about driving it...I might just pop out again! :squintdan :smokin: :squintdan

Once again, a HUGH thanks to ABBEY MOTORSPORT for taking a standard Skyline N/A and turning her into a BEAST and the first SUPER CHARGED Skyline in the UK, dare I say the world! :bowdown1:

Mark, Tony, Simon & everyone at ABBEY MOTORSPORT you guys are the BEST! :bowdown1:

Claire
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Was it hard to part with the old school skyline you have been driving around in since your car went in to Abbey? I know you were getting quite attached to!:eek:

But it must also be great to have your car back with a new lease of life breathing under your bonnet!:bowdown1:

See you sunday? :wavey: Yes! so put your name down and lets get something to look at on sunday!

Well done Abbey something else for people to think about when it comes to moding your motor!

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
hahahahahah.
WELL DONE!!!

Bet it sounds AWESOME.:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
Nice one Claire!! I know how long you have been waiting for this. When are you popping 'round to -clears throat- give me a ride? -cough- :chuckle:

Well done Abbey. :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
You sound happy :)

What she like through the gears now.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
What an amazing story. 100bhp from that supercharger! Congratulations. LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!

PS Do you know if ATI make belts as well as pulleys? I need an extra long one for my s/c and I can't find one anywhere in the world...

3,666 Posts
Just to let people know because women never tell you the whole story..

on the dyno sheets the lower lines are the car in N/A trim the higher number lines are with the S/C fitted.

It has come out as a really nice conversion , we feel it could run a little more boost so will give a few more BHP but it drives so nice really smooth revs out really well.

So maybe see another Skyline with a S/C fitted very soon....;-) or even a pair of chargers

Thrust, ATI only make the front pulley this has a removable PAS drive pulley this allowed us to remove the old pulley and make a new v-drive pulley to drive the supercharger.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Still gonna beat you shorty:squintdan :squintdan

Good work. Look forward to seeing it:smokin:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Off thread a second...

Mark, would you be able to source an extra long belt, say 1800mm +/-?

Booty's thanks have put me to shame as I should have written up my genuine gratitude for the work you did on my car. I did post on another site, but as the car is not even a Nissan, I didn't think to post here.

Now back on thread again! :D

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice one Claire!! I know how long you have been waiting for this. When are you popping 'round to -clears throat- give me a ride? -cough- :chuckle:
Hey Moley, what are you doing later ;) :squintdan

Paul Creed said:
Still gonna beat you shorty
We'll see ;)

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
R1 Nismo,

I was very sad to see the R31 go, grown very attached to it :( still I'm sure Tony will let me have some quite time with the ole girl next time I'm at Abbey's ;)

Claire

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
I am working until the 24th. :mad: But then I am off for a week. It'll give you a chance to give it a good clean and polish. I'll give you a shout mate. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Great result there Claire:smokin:

I bet you will soon be nagging Abbey to turn the boost up a bit though;)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
What an awesome conversion ... extremely pleased for your Claire.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts