GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been meaning to write this for a few days, but just wanted to say a massive thanks to BarryP.

I was at Spa last weekend, and car felt great on the saturday, but on sunday had an issue with the front diff and 4 wheel drive controller. No warning lights/ecutek diags all clear, car still drives/moves etc.

Short story is, I wasn't able to drive it back home :( but got it transported to NHPC in Brussels, Oliver was really helpful and they checked the car, but weren't able to fix, and advised to get it trailered back to blightly.

Nissan European Assistance (aka rac), said it would take 6-8weeks as they only have one truck which also services other manufacturers like ferrari/porsche/astons and covers all of western europe etc..

Rather than leave my car for a potential 8 weeks, I wanted to get her back asap, hence called BarryP asking if he knew anyone with a trailer, which he said Yep! He could get one big enough for a GTR to fit! cue the a-team theme, pickup organised for the very next day and the car was at Sly's the next evening, after a 16hr trek. It's quite tough sitting at 50-60mph for long hours! (big respect to haulage drivers!).

Sly checked it out and its the 4wd controller stuck in 4wd mode :( and front diff is kapputt. Looking to get the gearbox dropped and strengthen now.

On a plus note, the new 102mm litchfield exhaust with downpipes got alot of folks talking! on full wot it does sound epic! :thumbsup:

This forum really has some wonderful people! :clap:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Great to hear that you were helped and big up to Barry & Sly!!!
Your right that good people exist on this forum:D:D

Once My GTR is with me I will be taking him to Sly to service and further tune as emailed him today and got a very nice reply later on.:thumbsup:

Well done guys...Keep up the sterling work!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers
Louie

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Glad I could help out Tin, my old Pajero did a good job hauling the GTR back to Slys place. Just glad it was you paying the fuel bills!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Sad to hear the bad news, delighted to hear forum members and traders pulling together to resolve and the gratitude given. Well done all!

I know about long drives, my google route shows my trip is 40 hours 24 minutes to collect 2 lasers. Not looking forward to that. I can't leave till Wednesday 10pm and these need to be installed by Saturday. Lots of caffeine required :D

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Hey Tin, good to hear to got her back and sorted so quickly. Credit to all involved :bowdown1: epic effort! What caused the controller and diff to go? Your car's not that old if I remember right

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Hi Tin , my car was serviced at Sly's today and I recognised yours while I was there. Soz to hear your bad luck, but great to hear how you were helped out. Well done to all concerned :bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, waiting for the full diags once the gearbox is out, but 4wd controller has happened to a few cars too, diff I think went due to it locking permanently in 4wd mode. There were no error lights/ecutek diags scanned all clear and car moved/changed gears etc. Not sure if consult3 picked anything up.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Nice one Barry, great to hear how you helped Tin out.
Tin, hope it's sorted quickly without too much aggravation.

That's probably the fourth front diff failure I've heard of just from this site, affecting cars from 2008 up to 2012; will be interesting to learn why they are breaking down.

Protegimus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts