GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frequently on the forum I see "big thanks to..." "Thanks a lot..." etc for everything from a stage 1 to a big power build, but this is for something much more basic.

I have spoken a few times to Matt from Garage-R and his love for the car is evident, but whats also evident is his knowledge about the cars! Every problem I've had I speak to him about it and he's always happy to help and always tells me what it is and always turns out to be right.

Today my CTEK charger arrived and as my car lives outdoors I went for the adaptor and the comfort connecter. Now I don't trust myself to mess about with the battery and try to connect things, so I asked Matt how to do it and he said just drop it by and we will sort it for you. Came back to pick the car up later on (8:30pm) and there isn't a single wire in sight! I'm very impressed with something so basic and the best part is he didn't cut corners!

Hopefully fairly soon I will be able to give you a write up about how impressed I am with the 650R conversion Matts done for me, but I just have to wait till more cash becomes available :). I've seen a couple of his (including 1 in progress) and god damn not only is the workmanship excellent, but he treats the cars like they were his own! There's no cutting corners and nothing is rushed!

Guys in Scotland, look no further than Matt, he's done a couple of wee things for me so far and as soon as I have the cash for 650 he will be getting it and my car.

Thanks again Matt really appreciate it!

·
Registered
217 Posts
+1
Top bloke he has been looking after mine for over 3yrs.

Hopefuly popping over in a few weeks to get front and rear arb's fitted.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, far from rich, if I was I would be buying a 650R and I would own a 12C :p.

Yeah I really want to get it done, the only thing thats really stopping me is the fact it costs a fair bit and the fact in 2 years time I need to cough up a lot of cash to buy the car!

But regardless if I do go ahead with it Matt is the man who will be doing it! Seeing one of his 650R conversions spitting flames at Knockhill sealed the fact that I want it haha!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
whos car was spitting flames?

I do have to ask........ what to CTEK? I've got one aswell and th car lives on the drive. When I'm offshore it'll sit for 4/5 weeks. And to this day I've never needed to jump start it

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt Kyles

Erm dunno, just peace of mind more than anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts