GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I start this area out:D

I'm off to Italy next week. I'm hoping to find the Brembo F50 front brake discs to fit on my R34. You can buy these in Japan from Top Secret at quite a high price(around 70.000 yen), and I'm pretty sure they are much cheeper in Italy. I was wondering if anyone has uprated their f/discs on a 34 and if 355mm will fit in the stock rims. I apprecaite any pointers

Cheers

Dino

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guy,

Thanks a lot for the advice. Shoud be no problem fitting 355s then!
I know the APs are the best, but my car is semi standard and really doesn't need such amazing stopping power.....at least not for the moment:D

Dino

·
Registered
547 Posts
Aps

But don't AP do a 10 pot now?

Seriously, what are the differences between the top brands?

cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the difference when you get to that sort of performance brake package is all about personal preferance, price, looks, and availabilty. I have never used AP, so couldn't pass comment on them, I have however used Ta.Rox, Pagid, and of course Brembo, and the Ta.rox stuff is top notch, the Pagid pads are excellent, and The Brembo stuff lasts for ever.

I'll get a price for the Ta.rox kit in the morning and post it here somewhere. I'm not trying to sell anything. It would just make a good point of comparison.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I 've never tried the Tarox 10 pots...I'm sure they offer incredible stopping power and good value.... they are Italian aftter all:D :D :D

What I do know is that the AP 6 pots are simply amazing! I've tried these out on a tuned GTR and was very very impressed by the confident pedal feel and the simply awesome stopping power. They are extremely sharp...as soon as you apply your foot they just bite hard....took me a while to get used to them. They definetly do the job, but seem to be very pricey....and more so over here in Japan!
It would be interesting to find out the price and specs of the TarOx 10 pots

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Brakes.

What about Alcon? They supply brakes for the likes of Brabus, endurance Audis, Pro-Drive, Baier, etc. and they are British. They aren't cheap, 6 pots for the Skyline at around £2.5k+ I think.

Acknowledged as one of if not the best by Abbey, Hiteq, etc.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TarOx 10 pots

What size disc does that kit include??? Sounds damn good!!
I'll be in Italy from next week...so I'll check how much they are over there....bound to be cheeper, even though compared to the Aps they are a bargain!

Does anybody know the product number for this kit????

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alcon

Peter,

Alcons are as popular as APs over here...and very similar in price/spec. At this end of the market I think it just comes down to personal preferences....

Dino

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Ta.rox 6 pot kit is £1499 +17.5% VAT
and consits of 335 mm 44 groove discs, pads, 6 pot calipers, monting brackets, and braided steel flexi lines.

The 10 pot kit is £1999 +17.5% VAT and is the same as the six pot kit, with the obvious exception of the calipers.

Both these kits fit under standard 17" R33 wheels.

Ta.rox will also do a custom fitting job to match whatever wheel diameter you have, at a price of course.

The pads used in these kits are huge, covering the whole width of the braking area on the disc, (no nasty 3mm wide unused bits of disc on the in and outside circumference.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Disks

It would be interesting to know from those that know what the max diameter of disk & type of calliper fits in standard R32 / R33 & R34 wheels.

Also, the ones that fit with a spacer ... especially as the R34 wheels are begging for a spacer IMHO* to fill out the arches :D

*IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joss....you noticed that too!!!!???

IMO they need a good 20-25mm.....always a good incentive to go for new alloys but I just like the standard ones too much to bin them!

Dino

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Why 10 pots?

I'm not too much of a Mickey Thicky, but what is the benefit of 10 pot callipers.

When I first saw them I took it as a marketing gimmick as no one else had done them yet.
I can't see why all the pots are lined up in a straight row along the centre of the pad and not staggered
in an olympic rings stlye of pattern spreading the load?

Can anyone help clear this up for me.

Regards,
Scott.

P.S. T9KYO, the 6 pot AP's look the Biz !!

;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Thankingyou

Scott

Yeah I am well chuffed with them. Whether I get to use them in anger or not???? But all the same I am so pleased with the looks especially as the wheels I chose have let me see them in their full glory.:smokin:

Now for me bonnet and rear wing bits:D

T6KYO (or T9KYO as I bought that as well ;) )

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Bonnet

Guy

Was going to but decided not to due to unpainted I don't think it would go with the Blue, and if I did want it painted I was told it is a nightmare. Mind you I think it is criminal to paint carbon:mad:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts