GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Carbon

Glen,
Did you talk to Kiki from Option on sunday?
He also has got a carbon fetish. Rather than but the 'normal' bonnet and wing etc, hes got a mate who is making an entire R33 dash for him!! It was meant to be ready apparently bit last minute delays prevented its showing. He also told me that he was mapping his car at the moment and it wis aproaching 4 figures. Hype Lemon watch out!!.
Anyway, if carbon is your thing then may be he could help you out with some custom bits.

Regards,
Scott.:smokin:

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Carbon

Glen,

What kind of bonnet are you looking for?? Have you seen the Nismo Z-Tune Carbon one?? A bit expensive but NIsmo do a perfect job of painting it.
Have you thought about the V-Spec 2 Carbon bonnet? Mines has recently put this on 2 opf there demo cars

Re the carbon dash for the R33....Electra makes this along with doors, boots, wings, bonnets, bumpers....

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Bonnet and bits

No didn't get a chance to speak with Kiki and missed talking more with others as well. Didn't even get to speak with Joss and he was only one car down. Will probably go for HKS Kansai or Top Secret. Abbey are just trying to source one at the right price so hopefully not too long. Problem is money Dino. Would love all the Nismo bits but funds will not stretch that far. As for the rear wing stays thy are I believe Do Luck?

Bye for now.

T6KYO.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bonnets

Joss....I think the VS2 one should be around 250 000 yen but the problem is the waiting list. As for painting it MP2(LV4)....should be no problem...just more expensive ;)

Glen, The HKS Kansai bonnet looks alright but IMO it's pretty pointless in providing enough engine cooling. The Top Secret(98 000) one is up to the job, but beware it is made of a very flimsy material (FRP) which feels rather cheap.
There are plenty out there....and with a bit more money you can get yourself a pukka carbon one. Electra makes one for the R34 which weighs 3.2kg and costs 286 000.
Border makes a non-carbon (FRP)one for the same price as the Top Secret one and Shift Sports does one for 68 000

Most of these can be seen on page 166-167 of Hyper Rev Vol 58

Check out this pic

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Carbon

Glen
Did you see the dash we did in our car ? We've been making interior woodwork for cars for years, then a contract for Porsche Cars GB on the last of the 928's and a kit spawned for the 993 lead into requests for carbon. We found we could bond real carbon onto dash panels and then finish it in high gloss polyester. Looks really good even if I say so myself. Rupert Jarron has it in his car too. Basically its achieveable on most hard surfaced interior panels, onto metal or wood. Tim

·
Registered
212 Posts
pics

Ok Guy I will get the digital camera out. How do I
send in a pic for all to see (me the internet and a digital camera should be a lethal mixture you see) ?
And why not 3 T78's, one for each of the 2 cylinders ? There would be more bulges in the bonnet than even Glen could cope with !!
Seriously though, the Trust car (they call it the GReddy S-Roc, or street rocket !) has 1150hp. To achieve this they use 2 x T67's with two external wastegate valves, and lots of other things. I would imagine we are talking lag here, but at 11,000rpm you would have forgotten all about that. In fact you could make active use of your sit down and hang on slogan !!
Tim

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Interior

Tim

Could you give us all an idea of the costings on dash's, panels etc.,

Yeah have seen Ruperts car and it looks nice.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Glen,
You just don't know what to do next do you?
And you clain you haven't got a bottomless wallet. Ye right ;)

So I presume your doing this for asthetical reasons rather than a weight saving?

Ow you tart!!;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Bottomless Wallet

Scott

Wish I did. That query to Tim was for us all. I am really happy with the interior of mine and to be quite honest like 99% of us we don't know what to do next. We all have an idea. Mine. To get some more money and get the best out of what I have got now.

My missus thinks it's as I bought it, apart from the wheels, that I told her were cheaper than the ones I sold because if she KNEW EVERYTHING :mad:. Phew, dread the thought. Why do you think I don't bring her ;) .

See Ya.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Glen....a quik tip....make sure you paint any carbon bits you plan on fitting...or your missus might start wondering what's going on once black shiny light panels start appearing all over your car ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
t6kyo: your comment about the missus is interesting. Particularly because my missus also does not know everything. Heaven forbids if she knows:p

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry....just wondering.....whether the others on this forum tell the truth to their respective missus on how much they spend on their GTRs? Alright...confession time...anybody?

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Confession.

Fortunatly my other half doesn't mind too much. She knows its my hobby. Unlike Glen I made the mistake of bringing her to meets, she quiet enjoyed Gaydon actually.

Sometimes she even surprises me. At the last Grasshopper meet I parked next to Glens car with its newly fitted, (at the time), 19's. She said to me, and unfortunatly in front of others, "You really need bigger Wheels. Yours are tiny!!!!". :( Well I was a bit embarised, it would'nt of been as bad if she'd been slagging off me manhood, but not a mans wheels, come on!

But I read it as a green light for my new wheels, just not going to mention it now until I get them and say "You said I NEEDED them!!!".:)
I should of got it on tape really as defence.;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
carbon

Morning Glen. Sorry for my slow response. But I only tend to hook up to the net during the day. Otherwise I am going to need some new NHS glasses ! On the carbon thing, of course it varies on how much you do (usually preceeded by an assessment of the depth of the customers' wallet !)A 33 dash (the L shaped bit around the clocks and down around the heater controls, ashtray , radio surround and then the separate pieces of the ashtray and the gearlever surround. Thats the best part of £800+vat, not including taking it out and putting it in - maybe an hour to hour and a half to do that. I gather the Nismo fake carbon dash is about £700 so hopefully thats not bad value in comparison.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts