GTR Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ive got the F40 Brembo system with floating grooved discs and Hawk racing pads on the Supra,but I prefer the Tar-Ox 6pots which are on both my R33s with fast road/race pads.After seeing the state of some peoples discs including AP,I feel I have to say the Italians do a good job,I recommend Tar-Ox.A point of interest,the 10pots come sprayed in the same beautiful blue R34
colour.
Henry.:p

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yep Italias make reallay good stuff

Just got back from Italy where I checked out brakes to get an idea of what is on offer there. I started off with the idea of just upgrading to larger discs but after what I saw and was told I will go for a full kit.

Check out my topic on this....

BRAKE UPGRADE THE ITALAIN WAY

·
Registered
84 Posts
AP 6-Pots

Hi Guys,

I upgraded my R34 to the AP 6-Pots and I am using the Ferodo 2000 brake pads but I noticed that the backing material is now eating into the hub that holds the disc. I now have a nice 45-degree chunk missing in the hub.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Big Pads

Hi Dino,

Yup it does seem to be the fact the backing holding the pad is slightly too big, and it is the same on both sides of the wheels so theres consistency. I have some 2500 pads being sent over so it will be intresting to compare these to the problem-matic ones.

/Dan

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts

Hi there Redback,

Was this a supplied brake kit or do you source the bits seperately?

If it was a kit then I'd get back to them.

The pads would probably be alright on a 1 piece disc, but it the two piece that is the problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Kit

Hiya Scott,

It was a kit, I will swap out the pads for 2500 anyway and it looks like I just need to machine the backing slightly on the old ones. I just wanted to highlight the problem to other Skyliners with AP and Ferodo combinations that potentially you may see the same problem.

It spoilt a day at the Ring for me butI am glad that I stopped when I did and felt the resistance or the damage might have been more sever.

/Dan

41 - 48 of 48 Posts