GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of upgrading my radiator with either a Nismo, Mine's or Koyo item.
Anyone have any experience with one of these or have other suggestions? Koyo Al radiators seem to be very well built and cost around half the price of the Nismo and Mine's ones.
Its damn hot here at the moment. This mornig at around 10(before switching the car on) the ambient temp read 35 deg! :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Impul Radiator

I had Impul install their (ie Calsonic) uprated unit. On average seems to run on avgerage 10 to 17% lower temps..............The core is substantial thicker

To install, I needed a small piece on the top of the fan shroud cut away..............

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Radiator

Hi,

These days, Al radiator performance is getting better.
Nismo and Mine's radiator is basically the same and they are made by Calsonic.
Calsonic is the best.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hey Dino

Doing the radiator is a good idea (particularly with Japan's summer!. Definitely will get you about 10% lower temps. I've got a Yashio Al radiator on board which has about 125% more capacity than the standard R34 one. The price is about Y100,000, which compares favourably to the Calsonic equivalent which is about double the price. However, you generally get what you pay for.

You may also want to consider an uprated Thermo while you are at it.

Cya O!

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gio,

Thanks for your advice. I plan on doing the thermo and Samco silicon hoses at the same time.
Temperature here is crazy now!:(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Radiators

DCD,

Over here in Singapore year round the temps are hot - min 29 (at like 5 am in the morning) and usually around 32-35. I had an ARC radiator fitted. The thickness was about twice that of the standard item. It performs well - at at 80 KM the temp is about 80 C and when stuck in traffic for a while, it moves up to about 88 C. I have used on the track, and I must say is that it performs well - much much better than the stadard item.

The only thing I regret is that the Arc one I got did not come with a full shroud, but little lenghts of metal for the top and both sides.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SingaporeR34...guess I shouldn't complain then! I don't know if I could live with such heat all year round! I like my winters:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Too Hot

Yes, the heat plus 90% humidity big downside especially when one has an affinity for turbo charged cars - would not mind the cold once in a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts