GTR Forum banner

Biggest bargain ever! Fact!

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  matt j 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

i have here are car for sale, it needs an engine rebuild inc turbo. I was selling it for it current owner, who, unfortunately, recently took the car for a spirited drive and finished the engine off!.. It needs a complete bottom end to bring it back to live. The trust 2.7kit is no longer available so i cant source the parts to rebuild it and the block is porous. Its available as in the pictures less a few items the owner want to keep, gear/handbrake knob, strut brace, steering wheel and door mirrors as these are personal items. Its now available for £10,000. Bills and receipts for over £100,000 and star of dvd and mag features. I cant bring myself to break this one as it has far to much provenance within the skyline community (i must be going soft).
Check the spec on the car and the condition, yes its Ruperts old car which in turn belonged to Barry Sheen (R.I.P).

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/107606-very-special-33gtr-coming-soon.html

#2 ·
Just a quick update for all enquiries, the engine is out of the car. The block, trust rods, trust pistons and trust crank and oil pump are all foobarred. head set up fine and sump fine. So just the block and internals required:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

#8 ·
Just to clarify a few points, the pistons have det damage though they are not totally killed off! The rod that span a bearing obviously is bin quality. The crank is a forged 2.7 trust item with damage to the surface where the shell span and probably bin quality too. The damage appears to be from bore wash diluting the oil to such an extent it became in-efficient. The pump is a grex the turbo a t78, i would advise a rebuild or replacment due to contamination from the bearing failure.

#3 ·
Someone please BUY this part of Skyline history!

I'm sure at that price she will not hang around long?

Glad to see you are keeping her in one piece :) :thumbsup:

Rob

#7 ·
Hi Guys sorry but no offers, no selling parts off guys. Also, many thanks for all the pm's but no p/ex's either. Good home required for a real piece of GTR history.

#19 ·
Still available, I have been offered a complete RB30 700bhp instal, turbo and remap at a very reasonable price for this car. Genuine enquiries pm me for details.

DaveW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.