GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls,

I've trawled the forum but can't seem to find the answer, but apologies if I've missed it.

About to order some TE37VSL 2021 from Rays. The largest size they come in is 18".

What's the largest wheel I can get away with without hitting metal on metal. I don't mind a bit of rub on full lock on the arch liners, but that's as much as I would want. I'm also more about function than form, so would rather have the largest tyre on the rim than a stretched tyre.

Options I have:
  • 18 x 9.5j x ET 0 (means the concave will be more exciting) - lip is 64mm
    • Would want 265x35x18 tyres
  • 18 x 9.5j x ET 15 (means the spokes will look more flat) - lip is still 64mm
    • Would want 265x35x18 tyres
  • 18 x 10.5j x ET 15 (means the spokes will look more flat) - lip on this one is 76mm which is cool
    • Would ideally want 285x35x18 tyres but conscious they may not fit, so might have to go with 275x35x18

My question is, what can I get away with and what can I not?

Does anyone know the maximum and minimum for offset / rim size / rim width / tyre size etc.?

Thanks in advanced!

Ideally need to know before the end of the week so I can place an order with Rays UK

·
Registered
26,465 Posts
Ask Rays, is what there are there for

19 x 10.5 is fine but will rub on the arch liner on full lock

That said you will have to change your wheel choice from Rays.

18s look fine on a 34, but you need to ensure you have the nismo lower skirts etc to make it "sit " right.

like i say pick up the phone to Rays and ask them. That said i would just be ordering in japan anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask Rays, is what there are there for

19 x 10.5 is fine but will rub on the arch liner on full lock

That said you will have to change your wheel choice from Rays.

18s look fine on a 34, but you need to ensure you have the nismo lower skirts etc to make it "sit " right.

like i say pick up the phone to Rays and ask them. That said i would just be ordering in japan anyway.
Thanks bud, yeah Rays have said that 18x9.5j et15 will fit, but isn't too sure beyond that, although I know people who have had 10.5j on them.

Yeah, mine has the full nismo kit, so that should be fine. It's on Ohlins adjustable suspension too, so means I have some wiggle room there too.

Car is going to be circa 800whp so want to make sure I have good contact and that's why I'm a bit against stretching the tyre.

·
Registered
26,465 Posts
the perfect fitment which Rays sadly only did for a short time, and i sold my set of TEs last year was 19 x 9.5 12. minimal rub and perfect offset

look in the gallery section (nismo catalogue) and i recommended a 19 nismo wheel for his build.

18s maybe a little lost if you have the z tune wings then i would not be fitting 18s

i run a 19" TE, (not SLs as they are not machine logo) and run that power

·
Registered
66 Posts
18’s look the best with a decent tyre and good ride height.

18x11 et15 with a 285 tyre fit a lad I knows 34 and looked great.

I’m running rear 18x10.5 E.T. 0 with a 275/35 RS-pro, so about 10mm wider shoulder than road tyres

·
Registered
26,465 Posts
i had NT03s on a rare spec 18 x 11 before but was too wide.

11s are too wide from experience.

"look" great and what they are like to live with are totally different.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i had NT03s on a rare spec 18 x 11 before but was too wide.

11s are too wide from experience.

"look" great and what they are like to live with are totally different.
i guess it all depends on ride height and alignment, but I’m not going to argue with your personal experience as you’ve got a lot more than me when it comes to skylines. Would you say a 10.5 width is optimal for road?
I plan on swapping to an 18x11 so I don’t have to run a spacer, currently have a 15mm boot on. Will be a RS05RR when they turn up

·
Registered
26,465 Posts
As above, 19 10.5 is right, its what i run too.

i am however not a fan of SLs as they are still sticker type.

a very long time ago with a 11 wide car. (shame the car was totally messed up after my ownership)

DSCN0368.JPG

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have 19*10.5 +12 with 275 30 yokohama advan ad08R's. Check my insta you'll. See that offset is just perfect. Slight rubbing on full lock. Insta: @nurz1lla
That looks awesome, and I love the fact yours has a nice polished lip but Rays currently don't have anything like that in a 19" at the moment - very frustrating.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great and a nice fit too, I see what you mean.

Might be a silly question, but guessing the standard wing and z-tune wing are the same for housing the wheel, it's just the rear part that extends right? In other words, I can fit 19x10.5 on to a standard wing as well as a z-tune wing?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 20 of 32 Posts