GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you may dislike this... But I thought i would post it up to show that it is possible to have a simple bike rack fit on the GTR!
put 2 bmx's on for the picture but its intended use is for a MTB.

Its the only way i can get around with the bikes and personally, i love it!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
What's the speed or rate of acceleration rating for them?
Seriously though them suction cups do have a lot of stick, we use tham for installing glass panels.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would book it in for a detailing session now!!

Has no one explained the soft / sh1t paint issues:flame:

Satan
I think the easiest thing to do for when i actually use it is to just vinyl wrap the roof to ensure there isn't a possibility of any damage being done.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think the easiest thing to do for when i actually use it is to just vinyl wrap the roof to ensure there isn't a possibility of any damage being done.
Yes, good idea. My 2 favourite colours are my Kuro Black and your Blue.

Both have very soft clear coats. I won't even dry mine for the fear of swirling the finish.

Clear wrap on that area seems the only way.

Or a cheap Deisel daily as I have :)

Satan

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, good idea. My 2 favourite colours are my Kuro Black and your Blue.

Both have very soft clear coats. I won't even dry mine for the fear of swirling the finish.

Clear wrap on that area seems the only way.

Or a cheap Deisel daily as I have :)

Satan
Yes mate the paint is so fragile. funnily enough i own a precision detailing company, have the lads come over and polish the car but it seems it begins to swirls again after a few washes!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sorry for the thread hijack but just pat the car dry with a good quality microfibre drying towel
Yes, tried that and now got filtered water and moving to a "dog dryer"!!

How pathetic is that in this day and age with all the technology out there, paint has turned to sh1t.!

Satan

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes mate the paint is so fragile. funnily enough i own a precision detailing company, have the lads come over and polish the car but it seems it begins to swirls again after a few washes!!!
Oh well, no problem then, lucky git.

Need your boys to give me some lessons on using a buffer then lol.

Enjoy:bowdown1:

Satan

·
Registered
341 Posts
We used to sell camera suction mounts using those same style pump cups. Did a trade show once, I think it was top gear live and we convinced a local garage to lend us a Porsche gt3 which we duly covered in camera mounts. They didn't tell us the car had just been painted and when it came time to break down the stand and remove the mounts they had pulled hundreds of circles of paint from the body work. It was one of those sickly feeling moments!
All the profits from that show went to repairing that horrible, bright yellow gt3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts