GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos running them and at what power?

See two companies in the UK sell them for same money so might be the same product- Litchfield and Linney.

Any brand to go for or avoid?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Its only the housing, I think Linney is developing better quality gears but thats about it

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Got a litcho one fitted on mine, one of the piece of mind things to help prevent any major engine damage, both options are pretty much the same.

·
Vendor
2,476 Posts
I think the linney offer the housing and cwp along with wavetrac diff.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the std diffs, everyone I have seen damaged was caused by the ets failing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
As I understand, the breakages were being caused by flex in the OE casing allowing the crown pinion to move slightly. Stiffer casing is an insurance policy for this as it should flex less.
Seen a few Linney ones being fitted at JM Imports but heard nothing about the LM ones other than their own social media accounts.

Few offerings from the US as well but they seem to be twice the price than what we can get in the UK.
Surely can't be that much of a difference, right. . .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im currently fitting mine with a billet casing(boost logic) i hope youre correct that its case flexing thats causing this cos this is the 3rd time im replacing my r&p gear. Also thought it was a failing ets but my builder said its just the casing. Hope hes right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Everyone fits the billet diff but never change the cast bearing holder and if that fails the diff still chews itself to pieces, seen far too many stock diffs fail now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone fits the billet diff but never change the cast bearing holder and if that fails the diff still chews itself to pieces, seen far too many stock diffs fail now.
PRL Motorsport bearing housing already bought.

As an aside, PRL were absolutely rapid turning around an order. Tuesday evening I ordered and was delivered lunchtime on Thursday.
FedEx $20 to post it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts