GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point do people make the switch? I have a complete engine minus the main girdle and am having trouble finding one. I thought about just buying a billet main setup but I could buy a complete RB30 for less than I am finding them for. I don't think my power goals of about 700-800whp wouldn't normally merit it, but I also don't want to scrap this block. Any advice on where to look is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I would also be interested to know this as i am planning on running around the same power on an RB30 at some point.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I would be asking what the billet girdle is made from, if it is cheese it will be worse than stock.

I think a lot of people as sucked in by the word billet, when all that means is it is machined from a chunk of metal (or cheese).

My understanding of the Ripz kit is that it also uses additional mounting points is that the same with you "billet" item.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Ditto the above. You can fit a girdle from another block if you do a little machining work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The set I was looking at was the Raw Brokerage Billet steel main cap setup. Its about $1600 USD. I know the RIPS setup is far superior but again, I don't NEED that, I think I would be safe on a stock girdle, but I cannot find one (not many blown up RBs here in the states), so my only option is to get an aftermarket setup. I was just wondering at what level other big HP engines have made the switch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts