GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to travel with T6KYO to meet you guys yesterday as well as some of my Geordie pals. I have photos from the event some very nice pictures if anybody would like these then please let me know

·
Registered
547 Posts
Photos

Hi Warren,

If you can e-mail any .. send 'em to me and I'll bung them up on the site this week when I do my own.

Cheers

·
Registered
758 Posts
Paranoia Strikes Again

Hi,

Great day yesterday, I was the Midnight Purple R33 next to Nana's Option Car. However, one thing is bothering me. Did anyone notice the Japanese lady taking photographs of the cars.
I'm used to people snapping away at shows, but she was photographing under the lid, the boot, the wheels, every part from every angle possible. I opened the door to release the boot and she nearly knocked me out of the way to get an interior shot. She finished up crouching at the rear quarter shooting the exhaust from various 'arty' angles. I've seen supermodels get less lens treatment.
I'm just wondering if this could be anything to do with identification evidence gathering for an insurance company / repo co. etc.
If anyone knows who she was and could set my mind at rest I'd be grateful.

Regards
Vincenzo:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Stolen cars again

I was thinking what Joss said about companies buying the ownership of japoanese cars and then reposessing them over here and then thought what a great day it must have been for them. So many cars gathered together neatly with the bonnets open. A god send for them, am I being paranoid?
Vincenzo, I never got a chance to chat with you after meeting in the layby. Not sure why but will catch up with you in the future.:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Supra

This looks like a Supra I saw at their Book-a-Track trackday. Not the quickest thing, and I don't recollect anyone passing me after the first sighting laps.:smokin:..

Really though, nice guys and a good sense of humour these Supra drivers,

DC

·
Registered
558 Posts
Camera lady @ Billing

Skyline 501. We noticed same lady photographing all the Skylines! Took loads of photos from every angle and on questioning her she claimed to be from a Greek car magazine doing an article on British Skylines!Hope this lessens the paranoia -or does it?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Greek Mag

Yeah got chatting to the guy and got his business card.

Didn't think the snapper was of far east origin though??

·
Registered
758 Posts
Camera Lady

Thanks Ross & T6YKO. If I wasn't such a gent I'd have probably asked her myself :)

Glen, did I hear you say your car was now over 500 bhp and that you and Abbey are aiming to go for as much power as you can on standard internals? How does that work? You just keep going until she blows?

Vincenzo:confused:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Over 500

Dear Skyline 501

The aim is is to hit a figure that would be considered as reasonable bearing in mind the fact that standard internals are being used (except for maybe cams,head gasket) and that cost plays a major part. As we all know bhp for £'s (or $'s) at a certain point is an ever decreasing/increasing cost/value situation. What I aim to achieve is the best possible bhp before the above equation comes into play and the scenario of : 20 more bhp costs £5,000 plus comes into play. The majority of us owners seem comfortably off but only a few of us can afford the £30k + jobs.

Listening and reading all info available and talking at length with AbbeyMotorsport has given me the impression that 600bhp should be achievable whilst keeping some driveability. I know I have the T78 but hey I'm on a budget here and something has to be sacrificed. I am not a track day person and therefore do not give a s**t about torque. Seems to me that this is just a figure that is impossible to mate with bhp on a budget (dependant on the bhp required of course.) The only people who seem to be able to achieve this have very deep pockets. To be quite honest I like a bit of lag. Means I change gear more which I really do enjoy and the looks (to me) are superb and the noises are music. I'm lucky enough to own a 34 but just not that lucky with loads more dosh to spare.

So to answer your question Vincenzo, I am not going to the point of the 'BIG BANG' but moving very slowly with the help of Abbey to achieve an affordable power increase. Affordable for me that is.

When I get to run against my pal who has just had a BIG JOB at Abbey, on August 19th at North Weald, I will have more of an idea regards my theory of £'s per bhp as he is I am sure going to be over 700. I do like to think that what I am doing here is/will be of benefit to some of us out their in some shape or form. Maybe a lot of us. Only you know how deep your pockets are ??

See Ya

Glen

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
What about the 19th??

Glen,
So whats all this about the 19th of August? Just looked on the events page incase I'd missed anything, but nothing. :confused: :confused:

Your not planning on doing Skyline type of stuff with out us were you? ;) ;)

I have heard, and been to one, that North Weald do sprints, (Around a course, not 1/4 mile). Is this what is going on?

Normally they are closed to the public, :mad: :mad:

I just blag it in though. :D :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
19th

Sorry Dad.

Thought you might be re-decorating now you've moved. You know the missus getting you up the ladder etc., :D :D .

North Weald are holding a Drag Race Finals with added 'Test and Tune' where you turn up early, pay and run as much as you want or can.

Didn't offer it up as to be quite honest, I forgot. Was more interested to see how mine went against my pals but hey, another meet. Cool. Right I'll start a thread now.

Glen.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mate

Guy

Best talk with Mark at Abbey, though he is off to Nurburgring today to be with the team he has built a race engine for so Monday may be better.

Plus nearly forgot. Kiki at Option is looking for a set of 34 wheels as he mentioned it to me Sunday. Didn't know if you had plans to sell yours????????

See Ya.

T6KYO.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
18's

Guy/Glen,

Kiki is only after them for slicks, so I don't think he's interested in paying anything more than he has too. Currently he has the original 33 wheels with slicks. But he's got new 390mm (Or so), discs that need 18's minimum.

I think he's way to busy to post here on a regular basis, shame I know as he has a massive amount of Skyline knowledge. Talking to him sunday, his waiting list for work at Option is around 4 months, (For large jobs I'd imagine). And as PeterE found he's very difficult to get on the phone. It's not that he ignores people, (As that's no way to run a business), he is just so incredibly busy. According to his mechanic, Mia, they work past 8pm 6 days a week. :eek:

Now that's dedication. :smokin:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

Guy,

Are you offering?

I heard you like tinkering with your tool, tweaking your nuts as it were. ;) ;)

Just did realise it had anything to do with cars though. :D :p :D :p

Seriously though, he has just gone from one mechanic and ramp to 3 of each and room for a 4 wheel dyno.
The type that bolt directly to the hubs!! Sounds good.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Kiki mechanic

Scott,
you mention above that Kiki's mechanic is called Mia. Thats a girl's name from where I'm from........a female mechanic??? no wonder he's got a waiting list!!(ohhh no hush my mouth...sorry any ladies reading this....why are you reading this and not making dinner?....ahhhhhh I've done it again!!)
Just an inocent observation
...actually Kiki's a girls name too!!!!!! (I'm alright he'll be too busy to read this won't he Scott)
Anyway I'll stop now before I insult everyone.........He'll get his own back on the track day I'm sure.....if he's not too busy that is!
Regards
Antagonistic wroestar
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

Wroestar,
I agree Mia is a girls name. Probably not the correct spelling in that case, but he is a HE. Call me gullible but I haven't exactly asked him for proof, just took the beard at face, (bom bom), value. :D :D
As for Kiki, that's his nick name. Real name Somsak Nana.

Maybe they are a team of GT-R Boy-Chicks!!! After all you were looking for lady GT-R owners. Just imagine he was, A girl ex-professional race driver with a 1000bhp GT-R!!!!!! :) :)

Your dream may of come true. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Sex Mad (lets make a club)

Wroestar

I have over the time of being on this site come to the conclusion that you are female(sex,sex,sex,sex,sex)-mad. Only got to mention women, or their names, and you get all hot under the collar. Do you want me to send you my Free Daily Pics Page.

God, can't believe I admitted that :eek: .

T6KYO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts