GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Just joined the forum and am the happy owner of a nice EU MY2011 R35, in the quite rare "bleu racing" colour.

I'm intending to install a "birdview 360°" system on it (Chinese stuff, but should do the job anyway ;) ). It'll use the existing reverse camera, plus 3 additional cameras (1 front, 2 under the side mirrors). The output video of the system will feed the AV system of the car, in place of existing the reverse camera's.

I will be happy to post pictures when I do it.

But before, there's a small problem to solve: correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the reverse camera picture (and, in the future, the birdview picture) only shows when the reverse is engaged, which is a problem, since the birdview image is usefull also while moving forward during parking processes.
Does anyone know how to work around this ? (I've read many threads, but could not find a solution).

On page 4 of the "Reversing camera" thread, Charles Charlie seems to tell (12th january 2014) that there's a "reverse wire" connected to the AV unit (or to the MFD ??) to tell it that the reverse is engaged ==> maybe the solution would be to connect a switch to that wire in order to fool the AV unit... does anyone know where this wire is (if any) ?

Thanks
Nicolas

·
Registered
924 Posts
Contact bdl99 on here.

He is based in the US but is very clued up and supplies all sorts of gear for add on camera systems.

Good luck with the project.

Satan

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Brian's bypass module allows you to engage the reverse or a switchable alternative input whenever you like.

Nissan makes a system that does this for other cars in the range but the amount if work required to release it as a product mags it's not commercially viable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts