GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Birmingham recent /R35 + Mercedes key fob scanned, and car stolen/open Eeeek! (Video)

Hi,

You seen this video troops? Not long ago in birmingham, thieves keyfob scanning codes outside the house , and stealing the car without the fob.. This is why autowatch ghost is needed nowadays I reckon! video - 'Relay crime' theft caught on camera - BBC News

One thing as the report says, It might be worth investing in a Disklok Disklok UK type device, as even on the video it looks like the thief looks quickly inside the front window with a torch, possibly looking for this type of device that would slow them down, or maybe make it more/too much hassle to steal.... ....thoughts?

I've heard of this happening on Mercedes and BMW's now!

It seem's lot of cars now key fobs ping out a signal, so you Can open the car door by just pressing the touch sensitive button on the door, when having the fob in your pocket, so you don't need to press anything on the fob, as long as the fob is in the vicinity of the car, so the thieves are scanning the code somehow from the fob in the house, and then replicating the code to the 2nd device which somehow authenticates it, and the car unlocks. Its scary stuff.! Not Nissan yet from what i've seen. That's why people need autowatch ghost now, as even with the keys, you can't start the car without a special dash/steering wheel button combo. About £350 installed check it https://www.autowatch.co.uk/products/security-solutions/autowatch-immobiliser-systems/68-ghost-product , mines getting it soon!

·
Vendor
6,180 Posts
With the ghost system you can select your own combination of buttons which are available to use and select a code 4 to 20 digits of your choice,this can be changed at any time by the user by first entering the existing chosen code then following the instructions and entering the new combination of his/her choice. And it stops the keys being cloned, ecu being hacked. Best device on the market full stop against electronic hacking. For any more information 07973733441

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
What's this Ghost you speak of?

I havent heard anything about it, especially not on this forum?

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just buy a bag of Quavers and use the empty bag to keep your key in
Wow, I wouldn't trust a £5 bag off ebay (or crisp packet lol), to stop my Supercar getting keyfob scanned, and then stolen by well organized tech thieves! I'm thinking more ghost AND a disklok http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/ now, what size would R35 take? small? sizes are small 35-38.9cm medium 39-41.5cm large 41.5-44cm.. on top of the usual trackers etc.

OK research on here shows -
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/409793-disklok-steering-wheel-locks-combi-deal.html

member Evo9lution says
You can call Disklok to check but I have been reliably informed that both the Skyline GTRs and the R35 GTR require the small Disklok with the standard fitment (not wide).
-------------------------------

Worrying!!!
It certainly is!

·
Vendor
6,180 Posts
a ford RS still managed to get stolen with a ghost system fitted
Yes it was, because the Ford Rs has a crap canbus system and the only way it'll work on them is to fit a separate relay which cuts the starter circuit out, so basically if bump started then no need for starter motor. I personally don't recommend them for any vehicle that requires a separate relay to be fitted, I only fit to vehicles where it immobilises the car through the can system directly and the only way to Override it would be to physically remove the ghost which if fitted to a high quality standard would be near impossible without literally replacing the whole loom because it's soo small that it can literally fit anywhere.I've been in the vehicle security industry for 33yrs and I literally test all new products on my own vehicles and if I can see any floors in it then I don't offer that product because I have a good name in the industry and that's more important to me, I'd rather sit down and have a cup of tea then supply and fit product that I know doesn't do what it says on the tin.

·
Vendor
6,180 Posts
I wonder if the owner was told that before they took his money.
Probably not, if that was my car I'd be pissed and someone would be getting some grief from me, I like to earn money like most people but money isn't everything and it soon catches up with you if you cheat people... Not my style I like to bump into my customers and I know they'll be happy to see me and likewise

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yes it was, because the Ford Rs has a crap canbus system and the only way it'll work on them is to fit a separate relay which cuts the starter circuit out, so basically if bump started then no need for starter motor. I personally don't recommend them for any vehicle that requires a separate relay to be fitted, I only fit to vehicles where it immobilises the car through the can system directly and the only way to Override it would be to physically remove the ghost which if fitted to a high quality standard would be near impossible without literally replacing the whole loom because it's soo small that it can literally fit anywhere.I've been in the vehicle security industry for 33yrs and I literally test all new products on my own vehicles and if I can see any floors in it then I don't offer that product because I have a good name in the industry and that's more important to me, I'd rather sit down and have a cup of tea then supply and fit product that I know doesn't do what it says on the tin.
What do you recommend for the RS then?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts