GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
sorry no
weve got the kyosho mini z,s though

ill send the leaflets today on my way to collage !

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
:eek: Damn thats small! Ok guys, when are we doing a group buy from Japan (I've never seen um in the UK).

Oh DCD................ :D

Rob

P.S. I bought a mini-z with the high speed motor and thought it was a pile of crap! It would only go on impossiby smooth surfaces, it wasnt that fast and was generally uselss, gimicky, poorly made and plastic. It looked like it wasnt worth £35 let alone £135. My mates still think Im taking the piss when i say how much I payed for it :mad:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Got one, though not the R34 cos it was't an R33!, they dead slow with the standard motor but u can upgrade and the top motor is OK and is then on a par with the iDrive? ones you can get in gadgetshop.

You can also get different gears and tires.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've got one

A blue R34 ... it's OK (paid about £25 for mine) and I use it occasionally in the office :)

I have to admit that most (all?) R/C cars seem boring to me after a short while :(

·
Registered
404 Posts
Micro GT-R fun

I was playing with them at the Sogo department store in Bangkok, at Christmas I would have bought a couple to take home but my wife and already spent thousands of dollars saving me money on clothes and they where new at the time and relatively expensive at over $50 each.

Only minus is they need recharging every 3-5 minutes otherwise loads of fun, Oh they only had the R33 GT-R available in White and some of the boxes where miss labeled with Honda S2000’s in R34 GT-R boxes.

Paul..

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got one! :D It's a Castrol R34 and is a hoot. i know what you mean about r/c cars getting boring. If this happens, just put it away for a week or two. Mine's great, but I think it might change colour soon. ;)

Matt

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got one too!!

I have a Blue R34 and run it around the desk when I am feeling bored. Bought mine in Hong Kong for about $20. I think you can buy them here in Jakarta for about the same price so if anyone wants one let me know and I will try and pick some up as I am travelling to UK next week on my way to Monaco. There are GTR's Honda S2000 and Celicas and maybe others - I forget.

Richard

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i got mine from www.modelsport.co.uk which was the cheapest. Theyre about £115, then you need NIMH batteries for the car (4 0f the, you'll want 2 sets) and 8 aa's for the handset.

Dont bother tho, I sold mine in a week!

Rob

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
R/C

John (Fuggles) and I brought my little boy a white GTR33 R/C from
GU5I 80Y in Brighton. It went down a storm!! My lad was going to bring it to the Dyno Day, but unfortunately forgot to charge the battery. I guess when he's older and driving a Skyline, his R/C will seem boring too :)

Claire

·
Registered
961 Posts
jamie bought a nirto one ther the best very fast but they cost the most !
and you can make em go faster witch might be too fast !
i thing everyone should have one for the track days !

the mini z are different prices depending on the shell
i get them chaeper coz i work there but i still wouldnt pay the money coz the dont like bumps
they do propper dounuts though!

nitro rules !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts