GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,

Iv got a set of lmgt1's on my 33 Gtr. 18x10.5j et12. My problem is I have 2 cracked baskets and not much time. I'm thinking of buying 2 alloys for the back.

What I need to know is, will a wider wheel and different offset upset the 4wd system or is it just the rolling radius I need to keep the same?

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Hi, I have a set of LMGT1 alloys and I'm always checking them for cracks, can you tell me where they've cracked as I hear it can be a problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have cracked on the inner basket. From the tire bead inwards. It's a previous repair that has cracked again. Think I'm going to sell them to be honest. The car is used as a daily drive.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your going to sell them and they keep cracking ?

simon
Yes I'm going to sell them. The baskets can be replaced for new items. Last time I checked it was about £200 each. That will fix the problem, but I do not have the time as the car is used as a daily to get me to work. Obviously they will be sold to be refurbed. 2 of them are perfectly fine, 2 have had repairs done and 1 of those has cracked on a recent weld. It's a shame really as I do like the wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts