GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After the financially painful experience of getting a rear puncture and thus having to replace both rear tyres, I have discovered during washing it today that the tyre fitters have left a small paint chip on the edge of one of the stud holes on one of the wheels :bawling:

I know the question has been asked before as to the paint code for the Black Edition wheels, with little success - but I was hoping that maybe there has been an update or even that someone has found a touch up paint stick that matches.

The chip is small enough, that a very slight difference in colour would probably not show, but I am hoping someone may have already found a solution?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks again,

Ben.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I bought the Wheel paint at Middlehurst...it is ok, but it is not very water resistant (miniwash resistant :) ), it diddapears after few washings, so you have to paint it again...

·
Registered
690 Posts
I bought the Wheel paint at Middlehurst...it is ok, but it is not very water resistant (miniwash resistant :) ), it diddapears after few washings, so you have to paint it again...
Hi.

My HPC had no idea what to use for my scratch so I called the very nice people at Middlehurst and a black edition touch up bottle is in the post! Thank you Middlehurst and thank you for the info. :D

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Middlehurst Touch up paint

Good to hear that Middlehurst have got a solution :thumbsup:

Is the paint actually Nissan paint, or have they just found a generic paint stick that matches the colour?

...seems a little strange that it is not fully water resistant?! ...maybe it's actually emulsion :D

·
Registered
723 Posts
I don't know, they sent it via post, I didn't ask too many questions...
Maybe it needs some clear coating after, but I don't know how it would look on the wheels.
I don't like how clar laque looks on the stone chips on the car too, I prefer just the paint, without clear coat...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't know, they sent it via post, I didn't ask too many questions...
Maybe it needs some clear coating after, but I don't know how it would look on the wheels.
I don't like how clar laque looks on the stone chips on the car too, I prefer just the paint, without clear coat...
Can you let me know who to speak to there and the name of the paint manufacturer thanks

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I bought and used the offical touch up paint for my Titanium R35 and I'm afraid it's pants.

Looks nothing like the original colour and peeled off after a month, and only a handful of washes.

I'll be respraying my bonnet soonish....

·
Registered
723 Posts
Can you let me know who to speak to there and the name of the paint manufacturer thanks
I don't remember who I spoke with (the name), it was the GTR salesman there...
After that, they reconnected me to the spare parts...
Give them a call...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im guessing the paint is coming off as its water based, ie like emulsion, so the more you wash it the more it comes off.

What you need is to lacquer over top, or get it in solvent.

Did it have a code on the bottle, name or number.

I have the non black edition colour (premium), as I matched it too my own car.

If anybody has a code im able to get the paint in solvent

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Im guessing the paint is coming off as its water based, ie like emulsion, so the more you wash it the more it comes off.

What you need is to lacquer over top, or get it in solvent.

Did it have a code on the bottle, name or number.

I have the non black edition colour (premium), as I matched it too my own car.

If anybody has a code im able to get the paint in solvent
It was the 2 bottle stuff with clearcoat too.

I'll post more info when I get home...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Get them painted - it is easier - then they will be better protected going forwards especially if they are done in two pack.

Kp

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
I bought and used the offical touch up paint for my Titanium R35 and I'm afraid it's pants.

Looks nothing like the original colour and peeled off after a month, and only a handful of washes.

I'll be respraying my bonnet soonish....

Rear arches are sharp and thin on the 35 ,any stone impact can leave a small chunck of paint chip right under there so it's worth checking ,I have a couple I have touched up and they cant be seen unless you look right under the wheel arch ,any good hard paint that is similer in colour will fit the bill to touch these up and is better than Nissan paint that may wear off and not match anyway ,your only talking about a couple of mill stone chip but it sorts it .VW paint for these annoying little marks is a very good match in JDM white and is hard and wont wear off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts