GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just had my stage 1 done .opened the taps and the shinny exhaust has turned to a black colour is this normal?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yep,had mine done a few months back and exhaust us now much blacker. You will also notice a cloud of smoke in your rear view when you boot it.

Apparently the latest version has far less smoke than the previous two
(ecutek),nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ive been told if you let it warm up a bit first, the first time you boot it, you will see black smoke, but afterwards it will be gradually less and less.

·
Registered
103 Posts
David, how are you finding the stage 1 ?, my car is the same spec as yours and im hoping to get mine done on Friday , that is if the weather clears up and i eventually get off this platform in the North Sea lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David, how are you finding the stage 1 ?, my car is the same spec as yours and im hoping to get mine done on Friday , that is if the weather clears up and i eventually get off this platform in the North Sea lol
grant hi, its a complete change the gear shifter is a lot smoother the power is immense, not too much change in noise, well worth the money gearbox is sharper

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Ive been told if you let it warm up a bit first, the first time you boot it, you will see black smoke, but afterwards it will be gradually less and less.
It will do it whenever its been at constant speed for a while (ie motorway cruising) even when warmed up but it is much improved with the latest version of ecutek software

1 - 9 of 9 Posts