GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having spent in excess of 3-4 months looking through the Japanese auctions alongside the importer (BHP Imports), it is with a heavy heart that i have to put my R34 GTR up for sale. The car arrived into the UK March 2016 so has barely been driven in my short few months of ownership. Genuine reason for sale however; i am self funding commercial pilots licences which cost an arm and a leg.

Price-£33,995ONO

This black R34 GTR (1999) had only 1 owner in Japan and full documented service history right back to its very first service 17 years ago. This is all in Japanese of course however i have translated the dates and type of service carried out which will be provided. No repair history, both original keys present along with all Nissan books. The paintwork, interior, engine bay and the whole car in general is in exceptional condition throughout which clearly shows how well the car was looked after in Japan. MOT was required when first entering the UK therefore this expires March 2017. A fluid service was also carried out on arrival by BHP Imports + a new battery.

As you can see from the pictures, this R34 did arrive with a few modifications which are listed below:
-Blitz Air Filters
-Splitfire Coilpacks
-NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
-Uprated downpipes
-Fujitsubu Super Ti (Titanium) Exhaust
-Tein Fully Adjustable Coilovers
-Full NISMO Kit including front bumper
-NISMO 320kph Dials
-Apexi Rev Speed Meter
-Bridgestone Grid 2 tyres front; Yokohoma AD08 tyres rear
There may be more aftermarket parts but i haven't dug deep enough to find out!

The NISMO clocks currently read 64,295 KM however, as documented in the Nissan books and evident from service history, the clocks were changed on 26/05/2012 and went from 62,864Km down to 36,892Km. This means the overall KM reading is 90,267Km/56,089 Miles. As previously said, this is fully documented unlike many models that arrive with the NISMO clusters. Also note, this car still reads in KM including the speedo and odometer (has not been touched).

Bad Points:
-Baffle in the Center silencer of exhaust has come loose and rattles at very low revs. I Have had the exhaust off the car and 100% confirmed this and was in the process of getting sorted prior to advertising for sale.
-Yellow sticker on the rear has remained on after advice from the importer. Slight, small paint rash underneath which i have not inspected personally but do have pictures.

I will be available for viewings from the 13th June for 2 weeks, any day, any time. Potential buyers must bring their driving license as proof of identity and evidence of fully comprehensive insurance before being allowed to drive the car. I am more than happy to take potential buyers for a drive if this is not provided. Private Number plate not included, new reg is a 'T'.
Any questions, please get in touch!

Pictures can be found on this PistonHeads Add:
Used 1999 Nissan Skyline R34 for sale in Shropshire | Pistonheads

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Good luck with the sale, should sell in not time.

I looked into a Pilots licence many years ago and had a few lessons and Biggin Hill also. But just couldnt afford to pay for it my self so gave up.

A family friend has made it all paid by himself but is struggling to get into major airline. He currently is flying seaplanes in the Maldives. It certainly is not an easy career path and i admire anyone trying for it.

Good on you for sticking to it and best of luck.

Sam

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck with the sale, should sell in not time.

I looked into a Pilots licence many years ago and had a few lessons and Biggin Hill also. But just couldnt afford to pay for it my self so gave up.

A family friend has made it all paid by himself but is struggling to get into major airline. He currently is flying seaplanes in the Maldives. It certainly is not an easy career path and i admire anyone trying for it.

Good on you for sticking to it and best of luck.

Sam
Thanks a lot Sam, i'm going to need all the luck i can get for the reasons you've stated!

I've been fortunate enough to get to a final stage of selection for one of EasyJets cadet schemes. If i'm successful at this last stage i should be starting training some time this year with a guaranteed job at the end! All the best to your friend also!

If only i was rich enough to keep the R34 and learn to fly.. ha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good luck with the sale buddy. And good choice of colour!

I'm an airline pilot and 7 years ago did the same thing you are doing now. It is a tough career path, but you have picked a great time to get into the industry.

It's boom at the moment. I would advise one thing. If your young, go for fully integrated training though Oxford or CTC preferably CTC as EZY are the best low cost carrier to get into at the moment by a large margin. CTC and Oxford have the monopoly over the right hand seat low hours jet/turbo prop jobs in Europe. It's possible to make it modular but it's much harder. Your on the right track going for the cadet schemes first. Don't be afraid to go in with CTC without a scheme as all the companies are so short right now.

Anyway don't want t hijack your sale thread so good luck buddy!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck with the sale buddy. And good choice of colour!

I'm an airline pilot and 7 years ago did the same thing you are doing now. It is a tough career path, but you have picked a great time to get into the industry.

It's boom at the moment. I would advise one thing. If your young, go for fully integrated training though Oxford or CTC preferably CTC as EZY are the best low cost carrier to get into at the moment by a large margin. CTC and Oxford have the monopoly over the right hand seat low hours jet/turbo prop jobs in Europe. It's possible to make it modular but it's much harder. Your on the right track going for the cadet schemes first. Don't be afraid to go in with CTC without a scheme as all the companies are so short right now.

Anyway don't want t hijack your sale thread so good luck buddy!

Thanks a lot!

Great to hear that from someone who is where I want to be! I've passed application and aptitude/ math tests for the CTC EZY MPL course, got the interviews on the 29th of this month. Really hoping I'm lucky enough to get onto the course as I'll be guaranteed a job with EZY at the end!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Potential earnings can be up to £180k+ per annum dependant on airline and routes flown (long haul or short haul). Starting wage for a second officer for Easyjet is about £40k. The flying as a job is worth it alone in my eyes though.

No problem goldywaggon, get in touch whenever

·
Registered
268 Posts
good luck to both of you then. I'm scared of heights and dont like flying so couldnt do it!
i was ok until one day we hit turbulence and a couple of air pockets and that gave me the frights and put me off since. Mrs likes a window seat which is fine by me....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.