GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on our Nissan Cube. It's been leaking small drips of black sealant from the bottom of the door card since we got it last summer. At first I thought it might be hot weather related but it happened through winter too. Took the door card off today and here's a photo. Gonna try and get this lot off the inside. Anyone seen anything like this before on a Nissan or any other car?

IMG_20200720_114331236.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
I took apart my G37's (Basically a Nissan Skyline V36) door panels and noticed that black tar on this clear plastic piece on only one door of mine. I believe they used it for some of the Nissans as sound deadening. I cleaned mine off of the metal door panel, but it wasn't a huge mess like yours. I'd recommend using xyline or goof off to get it off.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. White spirit (mineral spirits) seems to do the trick aswell. I wondered if it was Nissan or maybe fitted by whoever installed the loudspeakers. It was shocking either way it but I've cleaned up 3 of the doors so far and put some duct tape around the edges of each piece so hopefully will limit any more oozing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If those speakers are not OEM and someone put them in, then it was caused by them. It seems like they put that tape deadening over that melting tar. Spirits is the best way to go, but also googone as well if you have that in the UK. Just spray, let it sit for 5 minutes, and wipe away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts