GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheers!

About 2 years ago I bought a British car magazine that contained (among other things) an article about a black V-Spec II Nür. The car had a full Nismo bodykit and BBS LeMans rims in gold. It had the usual model badges on the back below the right taillight, and a metal Nismo badge below the left taillight.

The article also featured a listing of the most essential Nismo parts and displayed prices for these quoted in GBP's.

I intended to save the magazine because I thought (and still think) that it was one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen. The problem is one of my dogs, a puppy back then, ate the bloody magazine. :mad:

For some time now I've been trying to search the forums for pictures of this car. So far I've had no luck. Perhaps someone would be able to help me out?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
GTR13 said:
shins car was a 99 v-spec wasn't it not v-spec II
If it was a 99 then it wasnt a V-Spec II.

Man, that picture with the pax tire off the ground is awesome...too bad the whole car isnt in frame!!!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
clarky88 said:
nice1 hugh so that your car now!
Andrew,

I have had this car for about three years now.

R33_GTS-t,

I have 1 bar of boost at about 4400 RPM.

Remember boost is a measure of an engines restriction, so a well set up engine will have more power and less boost at a given RPM compared to one that is not free flowing.

It's amasing what you can do with a badge, Shin's car was as far as I am aware a 1999, so was neither VSpec II or NUR. It was however a very nice car prepared by Mines in Japan.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Hugh Keir said:
R33_GTS-t,

I have 1 bar of boost at about 4400 RPM.
Perfectly streetable.:cool:

Hugh Keir said:
Shin's car was as far as I am aware a 1999, so was neither VSpec II or NUR. It was however a very nice car prepared by Mines in Japan.
It was Shin's car in the Belgian Spa run video wasn't it. What sort of power is his making? I know it was running GT2530s.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I think Mines quote 600 BHP from their 2530 set-up which is kinda optimistic but as has been said on a 100 other threads also depends on how big the horses are.

My guess is a solid 550 BHP.

His car also had a few lightweight goodies like a carbon propshaft which made it a bit more special.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hugh Keir said:
Andrew,

Remember boost is a measure of an engines restriction, so a well set up engine will have more power and less boost at a given RPM compared to one that is not free flowing.
Refreshing to hear someone who actually knows whats going on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts